Not guitar related, but wow.......!!!

coomba

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 pm

I was wondering what was a red telephone booth doing out in the middle of no where ?

daryl

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 pm

coomba wrote:
I was wondering what was a red telephone booth doing out in the middle of no where ?
I was wondering how young and stupid ARE they? :huh:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm

Yeah, base jumpers in flying squirrel suits Jason, but it was so fast I almost didn't see them... but how close was that to disaster. Sheesh! Base jumping off Swiss Alps is a big thing here and each year quite a number buy the farm. Have you seen the Swiss guy flying along side a jet in a Super Squirrel suit with wings?

About jumping the car, there was a kid doing that on the German TV show "Wetten Das" (Want to bet?) earlier this year, he stuffed up and broke his neck and is now a tetraplegic. Tragic. I love displays of skill and body control but what risks these guy take!

@Coomba: Those red phone boxes do still survive even out in the country side, mostly not "live* any more though, I believe. Worst decision ever made by a British company, abolishing an iconic item like that... no sense of tradition or identification. Stuff globalism! National identities are worth preserving.

Music Junkie

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:35 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yeah, base jumpers in flying squirrel suits Jason, but it was so fast I almost didn't see them... but how close was that to disaster. Sheesh! Base jumping off Swiss Alps is a big thing here and each year quite a number buy the farm.

About jumping the car, there was a kid doing that on the German TV show "Wetten Das" (Want to bet?) earlier this year, he stuffed up and broke his neck and is now a tetraplegic. Tragic. I love displays of skill and body control but what risks these guy take!
Chris:

I am with you 100%. Like I said, I am perfectly happy watching from YT. I am all for pushing limits, but not that kind. They always look cool, but you don't often hear about the cases like you mentioned.

BigBear

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Kinda makes playing the guitar seem a little mundane doesn't it? There's brave and then there's stupid brave. Most of those are leaning pretty hard toward the latter.

Spectacular photography!! Thanks for sharing Jason! :cheer:

BobR

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:17 pm

That was just insane !!! I am going to go and watch it again. The views are just spectacular.

Thanks for sharing.
Bob

cosmicmechanic

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:45 pm

I guess that the lesson here is that it's a good practice to keep your tongue tucked away inside your mouth rather than between your teeth !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic