Got a guitar you're not using? Here's what you can do with it.

dennisg

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:16 pm

This email most likely applies to U.S. residents more than our international friends. You'll see why in a minute.

I recently became aware of an amazing organization called Guitars4Vets that "... uses the healing power of music to help our veterans. Whether we agree or disagree with the decision to go to war, one thing is for certain: there are men and women who bravely fight for and honorably represent our country. As a consequence of war, many of our soldiers come home with physical and emotional injuries. They need our help."

"Guitars for Vets provides six free private lessons and a new acoustic guitar to military veterans at VA medical and community-based Vet centers. All veterans are referred to us by the VA medical team in order to integrate the Guitars for Vets program into their treatment regimen. The private lessons are taught by volunteer instructors and are then followed by group sessions that provide a forum for the veterans to talk and play music with like-minded individuals, many of whom have had the same experiences, emotions and traumas. The music sessions provide a communal atmosphere. This has proven to be a catalyst that helps the Vets continue on their road to recovery and well being."

You can donate your spare guitar (or money) to this excellent organization by visiting Guitars4Vets.org

Chasplaya

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Dennis, What an amazing concept and vision these guys have. I just loved the video on the about page: I think this is it...

If this doesn't make you stop and think then you're not on the same P.A.G.E.

This could be a world wide effort eventually as America is not the only place with Veterans.

AndyT

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:38 pm

I'd love to see the world solve problems with a battle of the bands instead of combat.

The guy sitting on stage with the blue cutaway looks like Rick (Big Bear).

willem

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 pm

My all time favo song for remember all that fall in terrible wars and they who came back and start there own battle to live,,,hope they get many guitars..

Andy I think you are right,,I saw him playing riffs and leads..

PEACE,,,

Willem

haoli25

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:03 pm

How cool is this? I am now planning to send two guitars to Wisconsin. With each guitar I am going to include a note to come and visit with us here at Totally Guitars. Thanks for the info.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic