Neil Diamond to be honored with Kennedy Center Award

RicksPick

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:36 pm

The title says it all. Tonight, Tuesday December 27 on CBS.

I plan to tape the Neil segment and will share with those who don't read this in time. (I can't imagine anyone would intentionally miss it!)

Mr. Diamond, I know you're reading this--Please, Sir, write your autobiography. Andy Williams did and you should, too.

While on the topic, Andy should get the same award! (Editorial comment!)

Sam

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks for the heads up Sam... Neil Diamond was a huge hit maker aeons ago ... and I listened to a lot of Andy Williams as a kid... great voice on Moon River, Love Story etc.

tombo1230

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:44 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:
The title says it all. Tonight, Tuesday December 27 on CBS.

I plan to tape the Neil segment and will share with those who don't read this in time. (I can't imagine anyone would intentionally miss it!)

Mr. Diamond, I know you're reading this--Please, Sir, write your autobiography. Andy Williams did and you should, too.

While on the topic, Andy should get the same award! (Editorial comment!)

Sam
Neil Diamond is an absolute legend. I think he deserves any awards going his way. :) His music spans all ages, a real sign of quality.

Andy Williams has the most fantastic vocal. He seems to have been around forever.

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 am

Just to remind you of his "street creds", Neil Diamond played in the farewell show by "The Band", called "The Last Waltz". "The Band" must have had a lot of respect for him to invite him to play on their very last show with Eric Clapton, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell ... you name it. But I've got a problem with sequins, though (from his later Las Vegas period) ... so I'll spare you, this is from the aforementioned "The Last Waltz":

Pierre

michelew

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Very much appreciated, cosmic.

songman52

Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:03 am

Thanks, Sam, but damn, I missed it! Just read this and it happened last year.
LOVE Neil Diamond, growing up with his music, and Andy Williams as well. Andy's covers of Ave Maria, both Gounod and Schubert, are excellent!
Maybe that special will be shown again.

Jerry

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic