Deep, dark secrets ... just between us !

michelew

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:06 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Another dark secret ! Here goes ...

In my first ever job ever, when I was in high school, I worked weekends in a pastry shop ... the boss insisted that we scrub the pots and the toilets with the same brush !

As advertised ... deep and dark !

Pierre
YUK!!!!!! .... Triple YUK!

:unsure: :S :blink: :huh:

tvarga

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:13 am

When I was twenty and "worked" at Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma, I learned the power of dry ice. I know of nothing that will contain it. It sublimates, that is to say, goes from a solid to a gas.

This other fool and I found a large piece of rubber hose--probably three inches in diamter and three feet long. We found two loose vises and clamped one end of the hose, filled it with dry ice and vised the other end. We put it in a workbench cabinet that was not being used. Imagine a desk about forty feel long with many doors and you have it.

We waited for over an hour and figured we had a leak so we went to check. It was huge! We knew the explosion would be loud, but we had no idea. When the rubber gave, the force blew open the doors on the entire workbench, probably twenty or so. It was so loud, they evacuated the building and called in the bomb squad.

We haven't been caught yet. This is/was your taxpayer dollars at "work".

I'm only slightly ashamed. It was soooooo much fun!

TCS

lueders

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 am

These are entertaining...!! :laugh: :laugh:

C'mmon Vanessa & Daryl why no reply?

Okay, this is only kinda dark...more in the moderately embarrassing, slightly amusing category.

My name is spelled "Cor-i" this teen girl magazine "Sassy" magazine used to think I was a girl by the spelling of my name I would
occasionally get free issues and free tampons in the mail.

Another time, also when I was a kid...when I would go visit my grandma in Iowa, I would notice the nice geode rocks that the
neighbor lady had around her house for decoration. My grandmother had rocks too but mainly just gravel-looking stuff. I didn't
think it was right that my grandmother not have as many cool geodes as the neighbor lady(who was a notorious grouch)... so I
took a bunch of em and put 'em around my grandmother's house. This was out of character for me...well, at least at the time lol!
I come to find out years later that my grandmother had actually defended me to the lady...saying I wouldn't do do such a thing
and all this stuff. Then I fessed up...15 years later. Look back on it years later...maybe the lady was a grouch because punk kids
stole her geodes.

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am

TwoCatSam wrote:
When I was twenty and "worked" at Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma, I learned the power of dry ice. I know of nothing that will contain it. It sublimates, that is to say, goes from a solid to a gas.

This other fool and I found a large piece of rubber hose--probably three inches in diamter and three feet long. We found two loose vises and clamped one end of the hose, filled it with dry ice and vised the other end. We put it in a workbench cabinet that was not being used. Imagine a desk about forty feel long with many doors and you have it.

We waited for over an hour and figured we had a leak so we went to check. It was huge! We knew the explosion would be loud, but we had no idea. When the rubber gave, the force blew open the doors on the entire workbench, probably twenty or so. It was so loud, they evacuated the building and called in the bomb squad.

We haven't been caught yet. This is/was your taxpayer dollars at "work".

I'm only slightly ashamed. It was soooooo much fun!

TCS
Lol Cool, I wonder what the Statute of Limitations is on Terrorism and IED's

haoli25

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am

Growing up, I was lucky enough to have a large lake for a front yard. Needless to say, my friends and I spent a LOT of time on that lake.

This lake, like many others across the U.S., has its very own urban legend that has been around since the 1920's. The legend is the ghostly tale of "The Lady Of White Rock Lake".

http://darkhaunts.com/TexasGhostStories ... kLake.html

Since the 1920's, sightings of this lovely ghost lady have peaked and faded many, many times. Oddly enough, during the summer months when my friend Gary and I were between the ages of 8 to 12 years old, there were quite a few sightings. These sighting were always carried by the local newspapers.

Gary and I MAY or MAY NOT have been present at some of those sightings. Furthermore, I have no knowledge into the disappearance of several of my mother's bedsheets.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!! :) :silly: :) :silly:

Bill

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 am

ohhh ... I was a hitchhiker way back when ... jumped onto the back of the truck ... c'mon, let's share :laugh:

michelew

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
ohhh ... I was a hitchhiker way back when ... jumped onto the back of the truck ... c'mon, let's share :laugh:
the term 'OH Shit!" (excuse my French) comes to mind.

I was backpacking around Europe in 1991 with my partner at the time. We were 25 and invincible. We were traveling in Northern Ireland, Belfast no less and the youth hostel we were staying in was like at least 5 km out of town, felt like 500 with a 20kg back pack on. I don't remember there being buses, but I do remember thumbing a ride into town one afternoon when we couldn't stand the prospect of the walk. ... Well a van pulled up and we jumped in the back (yes already stupid for too many reasons - 25 ...invincible). We'd been in the van for no less than about 5 seconds and beginning to regret it after noticing batteries, fuel, bottles, and a million things that just made us look at each other like ..."Oh SHIT!! Have we jumped in the van of an IRA group???" We both remained calm and cheerful in our conversation with the guys. Luckily they were very sweet to us and just took us into town ... no harm...

As soon as they zoomed off we both swore our heads off with relief. :huh: :unsure:

Good thing we were/are Aussies...

In truth, it could have been completely innocent and just our imaginations running away with us, but that's definitely NOT how it felt at the time.

M.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:37 am

Another secret that needs to go before I do ...

In the 70's I happened to meet a man on a commercial street wheeling his coffin with him wherever he went ...
He was actually sitting on a lawn chair, his dog beside him, and ... his coffin !
He was middle-aged, had spent years walking around the whole wide world pulling his few possessions with him, rickshaw-style, with the aforementioned coffin, in which he slept, with his dog :) He was making due selling postcards of himself and rickshaw on the Great Wall of China , for example.
So imagine this guy sitting there on a sunny day ... a simple casket, kinda like a wheelbarrow ... hi, let's get acquainted ...

That night I was going to see Pink Floyd on their "Animals" tour ... (ever heard of the floating pig ?)

So, this can get intense ... deep, dark secrets ! You got any ?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 am

I'd like to confess Pierre, I really would but you've seen all those badges on my avatar... I really was a goody-two-shoes, I'd have to make it up....except for the waving of the "Willi Fish" in the face mask of an unsuspecting snorkeller off one of the Greek islands in my student days. I thought it was one of our group... it was a complete stranger who spluttered to the surface and shouted in alarm or excitement to his friends on the beach in (for me, at the time) unintelligible German. I swam off humming the Jaws theme...

AndyT

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 am

Something that's haunted me since it happened. I've never told anyone.

I was about 6 or 7 and we had a mini Boston Terrier named Holly. We were temporarily living with relatives and she, Holly, was being kept in an old storage silo out back. It was pretty large and made of sheet steel so she was safe from any wild animals that might think of her as a tasty morsel. It was my job to feed and water her daily and clean up after her. Being the child I was, I forgot about her for about a week. I never heard her bark or anything. I finally remembered her and when I went to check on her, she had lost a lot of weight. I quickly made sure she had more than enough food and water from then on. After feeding her, I sat and held her and cried. I was so sorry. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't mad at her.

Sitting here now, typing this out, tears are welling in my eyes. This is the first I've ever spoken of it. To this day, I'm liable to land on someone with both feet and fists flying for animal abuse.
I know God has already forgiven me. Now it's time I forgave me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic