Deep, dark secrets ... just between us !

Yamaha48

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:43 am

Andy

Truth be told, we all have a few of those devils to wrestle with from time to time. I know I do. Thanks for relating a heart-felt story.

Sam

AndyT

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 am

I know the thread was intended to be more humorous, but it came to mind and I felt it was a good time to exercise the demon.

Now, there was a time when whole jars of both peanut butter and strawberry jelly went missing but the bread had never been touched....

dsmarion

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:34 am

AndyT wrote:
I know the thread was intended to be more humorous, but it came to mind and I felt it was a good time to exercise the demon.

Now, there was a time when whole jars of both peanut butter and strawberry jelly went missing but the bread had never been touched....
My fridge has had the cookie dough disappear without the oven having ever been turned on.

haoli25

Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:10 am

Sorry, deleted. Forget it.

I've always been a good kid, no dark deep secrets, still trying to think of it, but nothing comes to mind....! :)

Ness

tombo1230

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:00 am

AndyT wrote:
Something that's haunted me since it happened. I've never told anyone.

I was about 6 or 7 and we had a mini Boston Terrier named Holly. We were temporarily living with relatives and she, Holly, was being kept in an old storage silo out back. It was pretty large and made of sheet steel so she was safe from any wild animals that might think of her as a tasty morsel. It was my job to feed and water her daily and clean up after her. Being the child I was, I forgot about her for about a week. I never heard her bark or anything. I finally remembered her and when I went to check on her, she had lost a lot of weight. I quickly made sure she had more than enough food and water from then on. After feeding her, I sat and held her and cried. I was so sorry. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't mad at her.

Sitting here now, typing this out, tears are welling in my eyes. This is the first I've ever spoken of it. To this day, I'm liable to land on someone with both feet and fists flying for animal abuse.
I know God has already forgiven me. Now it's time I forgave me.
Listen Andy, simply you weren't old enough for the responsibility of looking after the animal. It's obviously not your fault but that of the parent that didn't check up on you. A good life lesson though and it has probably made you a better, kinder, more responsible person today. So all is not lost. :) Forgive yourself. :)

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 am

Where were the parents Andy? It's simply not a kid's fault.

Pierre, did the Karma-free buffet get to you? :silly:

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:30 pm

AndyT wrote:
... I know the thread was intended to be more humorous, but it came to mind and I felt it was a good time to exercise the demon.
Andy, that was a thoughtful, sincere response ... well put. This kind of thread subject is meant for expecting the unexpected ...

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... Pierre, did the Karma-free buffet get to you? :silly:
Ha ! Chris, the damage had already been done long ago :side: Actually, I put this thread out on a very quiet TG forum, with fond memories of some of the more wild and wooly threads that were common here in earlier times.

Just to clue everyone in: Our hosts at our recent meeting with Chris in Ottawa were very gracious in providing for possible vegetarian guests, hence "Karma-free" :)

So, to further worsen things, here is another buffet story (not Karma-free):
I once was hungry enough to hunt a little lizard for my supper ... when came time to try and cook it, was only a bag of bones ... very disappointing !

Any deep, dark ones out there in TG Land ?

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:32 pm

I was afraid to say anything, but my wife got a call from my doctor yesterday.......

I had gone to see him to discuss my full blown case of G.A.S........

It seems that I have now been diagnosed with OCGD

He did inform me that it was not lethal and that it can be cured if my wife will ease up and let me buy more stuff...... :silly: :silly:

Max

Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:06 pm

This is more of a prank than a deep dark secret, but this was not a childhood prank it happened only about 2 years ago.

It was a guys fishing weekend, during the drive we stopped for gas and there was a small convenience store attached to the gas station.
I thought it would be fun to buy a few water guns for fun diversions when we were not fishing.
As soon as we arrived at our cabin, all water guns were filled and water war began. There was one person who seemed to have a better water gun than the rest of us.
It was just able to shoot further and with more pressure, even though they were all the same. Of course he wanted to keep his prize gun, so he put it on the window sill in his room.

Next morning we all went fishing just before the sun came up, a few of us were fishing together and devised a plan to sabotage his gun. After a few hours of fishing we met back at the cabin for breakfast.
We all assumed that another water gun fight would likely breakout after we were done eating.
During the meal I excused myself before everyone was done, I snuck into his room and with a lighter melted to nozzle of his prized water gun.

You should have seen the look on his face when the water gun started squirting almost at right angles. We were all laughing so hard we could hardly take advantage of his misfortune.

The secret is, to this day he still doesn't know who sabotaged his prized water gun.

Max

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic