Deep, dark secrets ... just between us !

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:42 am

This is the story of a LIE, been on my chest for ages ... I shall reveal it here ...

Until the middle of primary school, seems I was living in the 19th century, before the 60s really kicked in ...
I was in this catholic school that came to a halt a couple times each month to send us to the church across the street to confess our sins to the parish priest. Having to deliver on sudden notice was maybe a kind of introduction to managerial training, but damn, they never brought that up.

At one of these occasions, I was maybe 8 years old. Having no sins to confess at the moment, and with the fear of hell on my heels, I was in quite a bind.

I went into the confessional booth, my mind blank ...

When it came time to confess my (nonexistent) transgressions, I heard myself say:

"I LIED to a priest"

And VOILA ! Sin committed and confessed simultaneously !

Ah ... I feel better now :)

Friends, does anyone among you want to declare a deep, dark secret before it's too late ? :S

AndyT

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:40 am

You know.... So many things come to mind as I read this.... You DO know I'm a Minister yes? LOL

Too funny!

abiliog

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 am

:laugh: Well I'm really glad you got it off your chest, must have been such a burden! :S :P

willem

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:53 am

Pierre if I had one I go to a priest..

Willem

daryl

Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:57 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
....Friends, does anyone among you want to declare a deep, dark secret before it's too late ? :S
I'm afraid I have way too many. There isn't enough time left to confess them all! And besides that I wouldn't know where to begin. :(

michelew

Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Well I'm currently spending time as my alterego - a very buff, heavily tattooed and armoured barbarian warrior who has a really big sword and knows how to use it, with a propensity to save the world (many times).

Does that count? :)

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:13 pm

michelew wrote:
Well I'm currently spending time as my alterego - a very buff, heavily tattooed and armoured barbarian warrior who has a really big sword and knows how to use it, with a propensity to save the world (many times).

Does that count? :)
Thanks michele, for your reckless response ... sure, you are in, I think this is probably in the category of a guilty secret, but rest assured, it won't go any further than here.
... but who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of TGers ? Like the following ... Another dark secret ! Here goes ...

In my first ever job ever, when I was in high school, I worked weekends in a pastry shop ... the boss insisted that we scrub the pots and the toilets with the same brush !

As advertised ... deep and dark !

So ... other confessions forthcoming ? Life is short ! Give it up before it's too late ! :huh:

Pierre

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:28 pm

A story from my High School days...

Students in the senior Geography year used to check the Meteorology instruments on the roof of the school daily, round the edge of the building was a 5' parapet, well one day these two students who went to check the instruments dressed a mannequin up in school uniform and they crawled beneath the parapet walking the mannequin, now they were at least 5-6 floors up ! When they reached half way they really waved the mannequin around so all the students in the quadrangle below could see it - also the Teachers in the ground floor of the staff room opposite. Then... dadadadaaaaaaaaa they threw the mannequin off the building... ooops a Teacher fainted a few screams .. an inquisition by the Head Teachers, Principal etc etc... they never did get the culprits and I recently heard from a nephew that went to the same school as I that this is now part of the schools folklore and the story is handed down from student year to student year.

I wonder who the other fella was?

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Yes Chas ... a student seems to fall off a roof, freaks out the crowd, and all this is now someone's deep, dark secret.
The person may even be a TG member ... you cannot hide ! Fess up ! ... We will show mercy, friends :)

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:36 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Yes Chas ... a student seems to fall off a roof, freaks out the crowd, and all this is now someone's deep, dark secret.
The person may even be a TG member ... you cannot hide ! Fess up ! ... We will show mercy, friends :)
Well there are quite a few Scots on the site now maybe some of them went to Carnoustie High... As well...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic