Deep, dark secrets ... just between us !

tovo

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:29 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You were trying to pull a guy in the John, Tony?
Ah, I see, not wanting to blow your cover... ok, we'll believe you, no need to insist ;-).

Reminds me of sharing digs with a 6' 4" surfer with long blond hair in my second year as a student. I wake up one night and I'm bending over his bed possibly with the dream-enraptured intention of climbing in lost in some wild dream (the blond in that was female!). He wakes up same time and we are both shocked!! I made sure I told the story to everyone next day before he could! :blush: :ohmy: To this day, I don't like sharing a room with someone else.
Note to self. When visiting Switzerland........stay in a hotel.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 am

Note to self. When visiting Switzerland........stay in a hotel

Note to Tony: When staying in Switzerland, its the secret gay capital of Europe and the hotels are the hottest spot in town! :woohoo:

tovo

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:47 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Note to Tony: When staying in Switzerland, its the secret gay capital of Europe and the hotels are the hottest spot in town! :woohoo:
Yet another good reason to choose a hotel!

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You were trying to pull a guy in the John, Tony?
Ah, I see, not wanting to blow your cover... ok, we'll believe you, no need to insist ;-).

Reminds me of sharing digs with a 6' 4" surfer with long blond hair in my second year as a student. I wake up one night and I'm bending over his bed possibly with the dream-enraptured intention of climbing in lost in some wild dream (the blond in that was female!). He wakes up same time and we are both shocked!! I made sure I told the story to everyone next day before he could! :blush: :ohmy: To this day, I don't like sharing a room with someone else.
I hope the dude was a good sport about that.... :silly: Smart idea to get the story out first yourself..... :) Amazing some of the funny things that can happen to us in life. It is also good that we can look back on these "deep dark secrets" and mostly laugh about them these days though.... B)

MJ

daryl

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

Music Junkie wrote:
....I hope the dude was a good sport about that.... :silly: Smart idea to get the story out first yourself..... :) Amazing some of the funny things that can happen to us in life. It is also good that we can look back on these "deep dark secrets" and mostly laugh about them these days though.... B)

MJ
Unfortunately with my "deep dark secrets" I don't mostly laugh about them. Whenever I do think about them I shake my head and cringe alot. :( :( :( :( :(

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:14 pm

daryl wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
....I hope the dude was a good sport about that.... :silly: Smart idea to get the story out first yourself..... :) Amazing some of the funny things that can happen to us in life. It is also good that we can look back on these "deep dark secrets" and mostly laugh about them these days though.... B)

MJ
Unfortunately with my "deep dark secrets" I don't mostly laugh about them. Whenever I do think about them I shake my head and cringe alot. :( :( :( :( :(
:( :( :( I have a few that I used to feel that way about, but I guess my view on the world these days has led me to the realization that we are human and MOST CERTAINLY imperfect..... ;) ;)

My opinion is that if we have learned from them and do not continue to make the same mistakes, then they have served a purpose..... I have been a part of and have done some things in my life that, if I caught my two sons doing these days, I would have a heart attack.... I was lucky and survived them. I look back on them with an amazing amount of humility and the realization that I have dodged the grim reaper more than my fair share of times in my youth. I am thankful and have made my peace with it..... ;) Even if you are not smiling or laughing about them, hopefully you realize that you are indeed human and life is what it is. We do some good, we do some bad..... B)

MJ

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:00 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

Note to self: When visiting Switzerland next, stay next door in Austria!! :laugh:

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread ...

I've learned a lot already from these responses ... about dry ice, ghostly apparitions, Willi Fish, animal rights, cookie dough, young hitchhikers, mineral-stealing punks, suspicious sleepwalkers, horny military men, Swiss hotels ... maybe I've omitted some subjects, but you know what I mean.

Speaking of hotels, I will add another ... maybe someone else on the forum will also want to play ?

In the early 80s I often worked on the road, in a team with a coworker and our quite maniacal elderly (over 65) boss, who drove us around.
He had serious issues, and we had a lot of pent up frustration because of him ... that was the prevailing mood.

As usual, we checked into our respective hotel rooms ... me and coworker in one room, our boss in his room.
But something was different in the room this time. There was a box on the wall, connected to the television, with a slot for 25 cent pieces in it.

We were amazed at what appeared on the television when we put money in the box ! 3 channels of XXX, all regular channels disabled !
Yes, this was the beginning of a certain video revolution ;)
It's worth a reminder... the world has changed a lot ... this was before VCRs. Video stores did not even exist yet, so this kind of video was almost totally unknown back then.

It happened to be April Fool's day. I hatched and we executed the following plot:
Knocking on my boss's door, he opened it wide. My coworker created a distraction so I could sneak over to the undiscovered box and fill it with many hours-worth of quarters.
There was an important sports event playing on the TV at that moment - a hockey game season final. The sound changed suddenly from hockey to wild bongo drums and grunts and groans. We then immediately took leave of his room, before he had time to notice the change. Quite a smooth operation, IMHO B)

The following morning, I started a discussion with my boss about the events of the hockey game that had occurred after we had left his room. I made up fictitious hockey game events, for example, how terrible it was to see, for the first time in history, two members of the same team fighting on national television ! He pretended to have seen the rest of the game: "Oh terrible, terrible !", he answered. On and on, he responded to the imaginary occurrences as if he had actually seen them on television instead of ...

But I should mention he did "get it" when I put him out of his misery and revealed the deep, dark secret to him (before he started spreading the fake stories around and looking crazy) :blink: :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic