Happy 68th Birthday Jimmy Page

haoli25

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 pm

One of my all time favorites! Thanks for your many gifts to the music world.

MarkM

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Bill thanks for that video. I haven't seen that one before. Outstanding audio quality.

MarkM

lueders

Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 pm

[sup]
Awesome Video, BILL!! THANX!!![/sup][sup][/sup] :) :) :) :)

AndyT

Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Pete seemed to be very tongue in cheek there. LOL
I think he was joking and this video is only a small bit of a larger one where after this part he laughs and admits he was joking.

Of course, I could be mistaken....

Keith. LOL He's still alive? I guess his lifestyle has enough chemicals to keep him preserved....

lueders

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

AndyT wrote:
Pete seemed to be very tongue in cheek there. LOL
I think he was joking and this video is only a small bit of a larger one where after this part he laughs and admits he was joking.

Of course, I could be mistaken....

Keith. LOL He's still alive? I guess his lifestyle has enough chemicals to keep him preserved....

Yeah, that very well could be Andy. I guess that is sort of the trouble with these short clips. Things are sort of out of context and you don't really get the real scoop. (Very soundbite driven world we live in... I agree wholeheartedly.)

P.S. I had heard "one" story of how Led Zeppelin got their name originally...supposedly Keith Moon claimed that Jimmy Page's new group with Plant, Jones, & Bonham was gonna "crash like a big lead balloon!" Supposedly the name stuck & the " Led Zeppelin" moniker was born.

Mind you, I am sure it is like everything in Rock N' Roll legend largely embellished. It's a good story at least. lol!

AndyT

Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 pm

LOL

So how did the Who get their name? (Making this up so...)

At a gig they were uncredited because they had no name yet when a guy in the audience yelled up at them, "Hey! Who are you guys?" And Pete thinking he had said something else yelled back, "Yeah!"

I rather suspect it had something to do with large quantities of whiskey and an old copy of Abbot and Costello.

dsmarion

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 am

lueders wrote:
P.S. I had heard "one" story of how Led Zeppelin got their name originally...supposedly Keith Moon claimed that Jimmy Page's new group with Plant, Jones, & Bonham was gonna "crash like a big lead balloon!" Supposedly the name stuck & the " Led Zeppelin" moniker was born.
I have heard that one too numerous times - not sure it was Keith Moon who was accredited to have said it but I believe the story has an element of truth to it.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 am

As I have previously mentioned, one of the older squash players here, Des, a drummer and friend of Keith Moon, claims to heave been in the room (a pub as he tells it) when Moon made that comment. I have no reason to disbelieve him but obviously cant verify the story.

lueders

Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
As I have previously mentioned, one of the older squash players here, Des, a drummer and friend of Keith Moon, claims to heave been in the room (a pub as he tells it) when Moon made that comment. I have no reason to disbelieve him but obviously cant verify the story.
Oh, yeah that's right...I do recall you saying that now, Chris! Very entertaining stuff! Perhaps, there is more than a little truth in the story.

haoli25

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:52 pm

AndyT wrote:

Actually, Keith died years ago. Death is just too afraid to get close enough to him to tell him. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic