What's an incredibly manly guy like me doing in a nail salon?

boldent

Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 am

Hahaha, dennisg and tovo you guys are cracking me up :woohoo:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:50 am

How is the sound coming out of that Taylor now that you have fortified nails Dennis... big improvement?

I just went back and tested myself on what I said about only using my pads and ...lookie here... with a slight almost imperceptible adjustment (letting the pad-tips slip slightly as I slide off the strings) I am getting nail contact and a nice sharp sound. Now maybe I've been doing this all along or partially and just didn't notice but paying full attention to it now, I see I do get nail contact. So I'm going to keep my attention on that for a while. Going back and checking these things exactly is a saving grace I've learned as a coach after seeing years of people (me included) saying one thing but actually doing another without realising it. I've learned to re-challenge myself on these things as our memories and conscious perception of small details can be very unreliable. Hope I'm not clouding the issue for anyone!

Attention is a great enlightener.

dekotaj

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 am

[dennisg wrote:
[quote]Let's face it, when it comes to being a man, movie studios hire me to give George Clooney lessons on how to appear more masculine. I entered puberty and the Cub Scouts in the same year. And there's so much testosterone oozing out of my body, I have to keep a Swiffer with me at all times.

Damn it all to hell Dennis.

We have all been raised from little boys on the rights and wrongs of being a man.And I looked up to your manliness,I could see you showing Clooney a thing or two.

But no,not now.My world will never be the same now.

Grow your own,It don't add any length,and your OK with that???

Well I'll give you a break this time. It was two (OLD)Chinese lady's,right??? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kevin

MarkM

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 pm

As stated earlier Dennis. You have a knack. :) :) And new nails to boot......................

MarkM

michelew

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Ha Den, that was very entertaining to read :laugh: !

And actually in some ways I can relate to it....since I´m not particularly a girly woman, i´ve been always quite reluctant about nails. I couldn´t care less and always played the guitar without them, to me it sounded just fine, haha! However, last year someone pointed out: ´But you´re a guitarist???´.......so having nails now :S , right hand that is.....but the nail of my index doesn´t want to grow properly :angry: , well who knows, i might end up in a nail salon afterall! :P

Ness

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks

sbutler

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:32 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Vanessa Wrote:
......well who knows, i might end up in a nail salon afterall!
A tip.....

Fitting nails with a nail gun takes much skill Vanessa..... watchout!!!

;)
Hey, I resemble that pic. Only with me it was after a table saw had its way with me. The fretting finger of course, and it plays hell trying to find notes, cause it doesn't pay any attention to the rest of my body, with feelings that is.

So Dennis, some times a man has to do, what a man has to do. After I turned 40, my annual flight medical exam took a turn for the worse. I now get THE DIGIT, if you know what I mean. So getting your right hand nails done really isn't all that bad realtivly speaking.

I too have the same problem with breakage when I grow them to a nice lenght, and I hate it. I so love the sound with nails on the strings,10 fold over without nails.
So, I think I'll try your little trick as well. I always flirt when around women who work on some part of me. Who knows, I may end up with a double beef whopper out of the deal as well as stronger than dirt nails.
Scott

tombo1230

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey Dennis. how about posting a shot of those finely manicured digits? Just interested to see how they came out. :)

Tom N.

Hydroman52

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:51 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
Hey Dennis. how about posting a shot of those finely manicured digits? Just interested to see how they came out. :)

Tom N.
What Tom said.

dennisg

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Cori: Yeah, maybe one of these days I'll try my hand at writing professionally.

Pierre: I had absolutely no idea that there was a connection between apples and strong nails. Are you making this up?

Jim: Give it a try. You have absolutely nothing to lose. Except your dignity.

Michele: Every time you butch it up you break your nails. Hey, have you ever thought of dressing up like a hooker and showing up at your mom's house?

Tony: Patting your leg made you uncomfortable. Funny that you seemed to enjoy the spooning. By the way, a Swiffer is an American brand name for a type of mop.

Willem: Yes, I'm sorry to say that I am a writer.

Chris: I can hear a huge tonal difference between picking with my nails and picking with flesh. The nails win every time. Lately I've been playing around with a thumb pick, and that's even better, although I'm a total spaz with it.

Kevin: Buck up, pal. I'm still the man you always thought I was. Only now I visit nail salons.

Ness: Hey, have you ever thought about dressing up like a hooker and showing up at Michele's mom's house? Just a thought. You know, you get such great tone out of your playing, I can't even imagine how wonderful you'd sound using your nails.

Scott: No. having your nails done isn't quite as alarming as having a prostate exam -- especially when your proctologist is fixated on Burger King.

Tom: If I can find my camera, I'll upload a photo. But there's not much to see -- they look like normal nails. Only your manicurist knows for sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic