Some techno help please.....

willem

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi MJ,I just want to say that i am very glad you started this thread,,it cost me just so much time as the 3-4 chord song thread to follow..and its all worth to follow,,,

W,,

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm

willem wrote:
Hi mj,,I just want to say that i am very glad you started this thread,,it cost me just so much time as the 3-4 chord song thread to follow..and its all worth to follow,,,

W,,
Hey Willem, glad you are getting some info out of it. We are surrounded by a wealth of knowledge here with folks always willing to help out. I have been getting some solid leads and seem to be zeroing in on a finished product that will suit my needs.

B) B)

MJ

tombo1230

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
Hi MJ, I have come across the sound delay problem you are experiencing and there are two things that affect it usually. One is that certain file format conversions delay or advance the sound in relation to the picture. I found MP4 seemed to do this with my converter. Also something equally important, if your sync is out by one frame say, then you send it to the DAW and you have another delay from the DAW and you convert the sound and if it adds more delay it will get very noticeable, simply because one or two frames adrift is all you need before you spot the difference in sync with the naked eye. If it then converts for Utube I am fairly sure that delay can sometimes be added here and before you know it, it is 5 frames out of sync which is a lot really. It's a fifth of a second for PAL and a sixth for NTSC. What I am saying really, is when you add your final mix from the DAW, try to make sure it is as exactly right as you can sync wise, then any other small additional delays may not be too apparant, I found WMV or AVI worked well for me.

Lightingwise I am looking at l.e.d. bulbs from Amazon or elsewhere. You can get 4W bulbs that are the equivalent of 40W bulbs. This has got to be good enviromentally not to mention cheap to run. Initially you pay more per bulb but the advantage is they have a long life expectancy and are bright.

Tom N.
Tom:

I have fond the same to be true about MP4 files.... I had that problem with mkv files for a while until I found a better converter. In Adobe Premiere Elements 8 (PE8) it gives me several output options for my final product. I import my .MOV file and my .WAV file for syncing and then chop out the potions that I want from each before dragging them to the storyboard. Once they are there, I can click on the beat meter and input my desired parameters. Once I hit play, I can watch it run through and see in SEVERAL positions throughout the files where the differences are (all seem to be the same, as you would hope and expect, since it is shifted slightly). I can then zoom in and drag the audio file forward or backward to line it up. From there I mute the original audio and then mix down to whatever file type I choose. The first one I chose was .m2t which is a type of blue-ray format, very good result when watched on my laptop, and in perfect sync. I then decided to give the automatic YT uploader a try to see if it worked. It seemed to last night, but I never double checked it, since I was tired and ready for bed. Low and behold when checking it this morning after a few comments, I noticed it was so far out of sync. I tend to agree with what you are saying and what Al eluded to earlier. I would have thought that the auto-uploader would have used a pre-approved file type, but that was probably an error in judgement on my part. I am going to try and mix to an AVI or a WMV output tonight and then try uploading it to YT myself to see if I get better results. If not, I will try running my output through Windows Movie Maker and get their output which seems to work for everyone else, as long as that does not put it out of sync itself.... Funny how all of this does or does not fit together..... Once I have it down, then I will at least know for future reference....

The lights I got were the mini fluorescent daylight spectrum bulbs. They were 23W which is equivalent to 100W. The video quality seems to be good enough now and probably could improve another notch with a tad bit more light, but I would be happy with where it is with a better sync.

Thanks again for your info. This is some really useful stuff!

Cheers!

MJ
It certainly looks like things are coming together for you MJ. The daylight lighting is really excellent and as you would expect the colour balance is perfect, as you are using the correct colour temperature lights. I will be interested to hear and see how you get on with using wmv or AVI output.
If you still have problems then I might be able to help you in finding a solution.

Tom N.

Music Junkie

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

O.K., this one seems to be better......

Mixed this out as an mpg with 720p30 and mp3 as audio. The resolution went down, but not enough to worry about.... Seems to be more in sync now.....

MJ

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks

Music Junkie

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Dermot:

An all-in-one camera would be nice.... Seems getting good in one part sacrifices another part..... That is why I have two separate cameras for the time being. I would love to see a camera with some great low light ability as well (at least one in the normal man's price range).

As far as the clapboard info, I have been messing with tapping the sounboard as MarkM suggested. I had the original A/V lined up damn good to begin with, but found the conversion and subsequent upload to YT to be the problem. That process really threw things out of whack! This last clip is much better, but I'll continue to zero in on that a bit more. My problem would be much easier if I just had a quiet place to play.... ;)

I recorded another song last night (music only, no vocals - horrible singer with a sinus infection to boot). I am planning on trying to mess with it a bit tonight after my sons basketball game. If I have some luck there, I am hoping to get something together for this weekend. It's funny really, way back when we had the competitions, I put up two videos and both were fine as far as A/V and audio volume. Since then, I have had troubles...... I must have angered an A/V deity in the recent past.... :ohmy: :ohmy:

Let me know if you find that camera you are looking for... :)

I like the results of the inexpensive lighting that I got last weekend, so I am feeling pretty good on that front.

MJ

thereshopeyet

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic