Lost "Here comes the sun" guitar solo discovered by George Harrison's son

pbraun

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:32 am

Wow that was great. Every now and then something comes out that just shows the talent. Also it is amazing how much Dhani is George in so many way!
Thanks Dennis for sharing this
Pete

suziko

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 am

That is a fantastic clip. The moment when they all become aware of the guitar solo and they all sit in stunned delight..... I've watched that bit 3 times already and it still makes me smile.

Thanks!

Suzi

tombo1230

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:45 am

Dennis, brilliant! thanks for sharing that nugget.

Ness, I think it was on the 'concert for George' video, you see Dhani performing on stage with Clapton et al. If I'm remembering correctly, George's widow says to everyone on stage, 'you lot look like you've got old and seeing Dhani up there it looks like George has stayed young'. A referenxce to how his son had a strong likeness to his father when he was young. A great concert with a megastar lineup!

Tom N.

Hydroman52

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:14 am

I always wonder how much of this stuff still exists crated up in a warehouse somewhere just waiting for someone to discover it.

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wow, very very cool! Also kinda fascinating to see his son, never seen him before.
Hi Vanessa,

I just discovered Dahni's music within the last year, and actually recommended a lesson for one of his group's (thenewno2) songs. Check it out and vote if you like it here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/index.php ... Itemid=202

The video for the song is here:

I think he's quite a talented performer and stands well on his own merits considering his family ties. I see that he is/was in the group Fistful of Mercy with bandmates Ben Harper and Joseph Arthur. Here is a video of them from a KEXP (Seattle) performance:

Sorry to digress from the original thread . . . but, it's somewhat connected and I though it might be relevant. Perhaps, one day many many years in the future, some of Dahni's lost work will be discovered just like the one of his father's that Dennis pointed out here.

Hydroman52

tom18

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

Dennis,
Very nice clip! But thanks also for turning me on to 'Guitar Squid.' I'd never seen that site before and there seems to be a lot of stuff there to waste time gawking at.
Tom

MarkM

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 am

Dennis that is a nice little score there. Great find!!! I'm sure we'll be getting tidbits like this for years to come.

MarkM

songman52

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:12 am

Great clips, thanks for sharing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic