"Adele" has been Nominated for 6 Grammy Awards for 2012.

michelew

Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:51 pm

sws626 wrote:
I will admit to having avoiding listening to any of her music before reading this thread. It's not as bad as I'd imagined. But a little bit (say, a minute and a half, which is as far as I could get in this clip) certainly goes a very long way.

-Stuart
I'm really not sure how to take your comment Stuart. ... I'm not sure whether you're saying a little has already shown you how fabulous she is or a little is more than enough. I'm hoping that it's the former. I'm feeling cranky that it might be the latter. I'm going to assume its the first option, since you're a sweet guy and that you wouldnt respond to a bunch of Adele fans in this thread by saying you thought she was crappy.

I'll crawl back into my hole.

dennisg

Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm

michelew wrote:
sws626 wrote:
I will admit to having avoiding listening to any of her music before reading this thread. It's not as bad as I'd imagined. But a little bit (say, a minute and a half, which is as far as I could get in this clip) certainly goes a very long way.

-Stuart
I'm really not sure how to take your comment Stuart. ... I'm not sure whether you're saying a little has already shown you how fabulous she is or a little is more than enough. I'm hoping that it's the former. I'm feeling cranky that it might be the latter. I'm going to assume its the first option, since you're a sweet guy and that you wouldnt respond to a bunch of Adele fans in this thread by saying you thought she was crappy.

I'll crawl back into my hole.
I'm pretty sure he's saying that it's not his kind of music or that she's not a performer he finds particularly compelling beyond the 90 seconds he gave her.

I think Adele's a monstrously talented person and a very good writer. My only problem with her music is that it gets played incessantly in America, but that ain't her fault.

I saw her interviewed recently on the Graham Norton show on BBC America. She struck me as a very down-do-earth lady with a cockney accent and sensibility, and a huge laugh.

lmc831

Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm

Yes, they do tend to "overplay" her music here on the Radio. But, luckly I just listen to "talk radio programs' while I am driving. It would be nice if Neil would do some of her music as Lessons. Hey Michele, have you watched Her DVD Yet??

Lisa

dekotaj

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Got to go with what ever trips your trigger.

I think her music is amazing.But then I like Nora Jones,Diana Krall and those kind of singers.I'ts that kind of music that fills my soul.And Adele, Love her songs ,filled with passion!!

Kevin

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Adele does it for me amazing voice and talent. I have tried a few of her songs out, converting the piano to guitar and they don't sound half bad even with me playing them. :laugh:

I'd go for:

Set Fire To The Rain, Rolling in the Deep and Turning Tables

michelew

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:35 am

lmc831 wrote:
Yes, they do tend to "overplay" her music here on the Radio. But, luckly I just listen to "talk radio programs' while I am driving. It would be nice if Neil would do some of her music as Lessons. Hey Michele, have you watched Her DVD Yet??

Lisa
Hey Lisa, as it happens not yet, I want to be able to watch it without interruption and .... Blah, blah, blah.... Not the right time yet. But, I'm looking forward to it. :)

sws626

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:57 am

Hi Michele & Dennis,
I meant that I didn't much care for what I heard. But to each his/her own. Just a matter of taste and not a criticism of anyone who's into this sort of thing.
-Stuart

tombo1230

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:15 pm

dekotaj wrote:
Hey Shel,

OK I put all three song up for request.Come on folks let see if we can get Neil to do some Adele.

Kev

Crazy for you

Love song/ cover by the Cure

Chasing pavement

You now have two votes for each. :)

Tom N.

willem

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

tombo1230 wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
Hey Shel,

OK I put all three song up for request.Come on folks let see if we can get Neil to do some Adele.

Kev

Crazy for you

Chasing pavement

Tom N.

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

willem wrote:
tombo1230 wrote:
dekotaj wrote:
Hey Shel,

Kev

Crazy for you

Chasing pavement

Tom N.

Make that 4 also Set Fire To The Rain up for your votes please

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic