Paul McCartney - Chaos & Creation at Abbey Road

MarkM

Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Awesome find Pierre. I've seen bits and pieces of these but never all in a row. Thanks for posting this.

MarkM

BobR

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Pierre,

I just watched all videos and have never seen any of them before, I thought it was really great. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks a lot for posting.

Bob

dennisg

Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:22 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Yeah, the Mellotron is something else Dennis. It was Mike Pinder of the Moody Blues who introduced John Lennon to the Mellotron and here's Mike talking about that around 1:58 of this clip...
Thanks for posting this, Chris. Fascinating stuff. YouTube has certainly changed the way we gather and disseminate information.

Why did Mike Pinder leave the Moodies?

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:09 am

I'm not sure exactly Dennis, I can't find any info on that directly but I know that somewhere between 1978 - 1980 that Mike did not tour with the band any more and Partick Moraz started taking his keyboarder's spot. But Mike was the founder and musical leader of the band and major songwriter until Justin Hayward joined and added that voice and most of the songs thereafter. There was a legal issue when Pinder left the Moodies but I am not sure what it was about. Its always a problem when the founder leaves, I guess they feel its their band and like with a game of street soccer, they want to take their ball home with them when they leave. He did have a bust up with Graham Edge (co-founder and drummer) at the time where Mike cruelly said told Graham to keep quite, he was only the drummer! But he has publicly apologised for that since. My feeling is there will have been some ego and possibly money issue at the split. They were a hugely popular band in those days.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic