Anyone want to join me at guitar camp?

dennisg

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:22 pm

I'm thinking of going to guitar camp this (northern hemisphere) summer at the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop. You might remember that I attended this camp two summers ago, shortly after I began playing the guitar, and I absolutely loved the experience. Incredible instructors, very collegial and supportive atmosphere, excellent food, and beautiful lakeside location. I'm thinking of taking along my niece Shelby.

Anyone want to join me at summer camp this year? Anyone planning to attend a different camp? If so, tell us about it.

Chasplaya

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:49 pm

I would love to attend with you... Off to buy a lottery ticket !

sbutler

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Dennis, do you know any details? Times, dates, dollars etc......

willem

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Alway's dreamed of an musical holiday week (or two) but the dream was in France..

W.

dennisg

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm

sbutler wrote:
Dennis, do you know any details? Times, dates, dollars etc......
http://www.psgw.org/

sws626

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Dennis,
I'll be in Seattle for much of the summer and would be up for this. Have you decided which week you'll attend?
Stuart

dennisg

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:37 pm

sws626 wrote:
Hi Dennis,
I'll be in Seattle for much of the summer and would be up for this. Have you decided which week you'll attend?
Stuart
Not yet, Stuart. I have to work it out with my niece,

Lavallee

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi Dennis,

Brilliant idea, I was hoping to do that this year so I would certainly be up for this. The camp have a good reference from you and being there with some acquaintances from the start makes it quite appealing. Just call the date and I will see you there.

Would be nice to have a TG group out there :woohoo:

Marc

Catman

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 am

Very, very, very, tempted!

I'm committed to a bike ride in Germany (tough, isn't it?) that rules out the first two sessions for me, but if it turns out that you attend the third session I will most likely be there.

David

dennisg

Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Okay, some of you expressed an interest in this and were just waiting for me to solidify my plans ... it looks like my niece Shelby and I are going to register for the first session at guitar camp this summer. The dates of the session are July 28th through August 3rd.

If you've ever considered going to a guitar camp, you can't do better than this. The classes are amazingly informative, stimulating, and just plain fun. There are evening jams and after-hours workshops everywhere you turn. And there's something for every level of musician -- from complete beginner to seasoned pro. And if you've ever thought about learning a second instrument, there are even classes that teach the dobro, uke, mandolin, and bass.

I hope to see you there.

- Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic