3 minutes a week which may extend your (guitar-playing) life

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Looking at the TG demographics, I can't imagine a better place to share this information. :laugh:

I watched a very interesting program today with a couple of amazing, newly established facts backed up by solid research. If you watch the program, (link below) the first part takes place in my Alma mata, Loughborough University.

The upshot is this:
3x 20 seconds of full intensity peddling on a home trainer (with a few minutes between for catching breath) done 3x a week produce incredible improvements on insulin sensitivity (cause of diabetes), an average of 24% after 4 weeks. And (in 80% of people) a significant improvement of Vo2Max (aerobic fitness). Vo2Max is an excellent predictor of future health.

That's 3 minutes a week for major health improvement
which can combat and reduce risk off diabetes and could well extend your life and, therefore, your time spent playing your guitar!

The program pointed out that about 20% of the population will not be able to benefit from cardio-vascular fitness training due to deficiencies on a very narrow range of genes... for which they have now developed tests to detect. 65% of people respond very well and 15% of people are super responders to cardio-fitness training and benifit massively from training programs.

I'll be trying this out, starting tomorrow!

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17177251

Program: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq

reiver

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:31 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

which can combat and reduce risk off diabetes and could well extend your life and, therefore, your time spent playing your guitar!

What, EVERY week?! Hmmmmmm, that seems a little excessive.

Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm

What, EVERY week?! Hmmmmmm, that seems a little excessive.
Stuart
Yeah, you gotta make sacrifices :woohoo:

S**t!
Just noticed the BBC only lets you view the damned program if you live in the UK.
Anyone know any work-arounds?

I have found a few clips on YT:

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:39 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Looking at the TG demographics, I can't imagine a better place to share this information. :laugh:

I watched a very interesting program today with a couple of amazing, newly established facts backed up by solid research. If you watch the program, (link below) the first part takes place in my Alma mata, Loughborough University.

The upshot is this:
3x 20 seconds of full intensity peddling on a home trainer (with a few minutes between for catching breath) done 3x a week produce incredible improvements on insulin sensitivity (cause of diabetes), an average of 24% after 4 weeks. And (in 80% of people) a significant improvement of Vo2Max (aerobic fitness). Vo2Max is an excellent predictor of future health.

The program pointed out that about 20% of the population will not be able to benefit from cardio-vascular fitness training due to deficiencies on a very narrow range of genes... for which they have now developed tests to detect. 65% of people respond very well and 15% of people are super responders to cardio-fitness training and benifit massively from training programs.

I'll be trying this out, starting tomorrow!

Article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17177251

Program: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cywtq
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!!!

Call Chris @0800 neverfound for a 50% discount on your very own Home Trainer great value at $NZ3984.63

Call within the next 5 Mins and get a personal one on one training session with Chris! Absolutely free of charge (conditions apply i.e. free airfares and accommodation to your location required!)

thereshopeyet

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 pm

...that's true, the training is free, the training bike will set you back Fr. 3'000.00 ;-)

.... unless you have one already silently call out to you from some dark reaches of your cellar.... eh Chas?

Dermot!

I knew I could rely on you guys to take up the call :laugh:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:01 pm

This is an alternate course of training I'd equally recommend for certain of my dear TG friends, no names mentioned
It's only required that you do this once.... positive effects guaranteed.... :silly:

tombo1230

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:04 am

Completely mental! This guy will not see old age. I watched a programme on tv a few years ago about a couple who did this kind of thing down the side of mountains, at the end of the programme it said, sadly (name a), (name b) were both involved in a tragic accident shortly after the making of this programme and were both killed. Enough said! the margins for error are small. :ohmy: :huh: :blink:

Tom N

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:17 am

Yeah, completely mental! He did it 9 times too!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Well, as promised, I did the first unit of HIT training today...yep, the whole 60 seconds!
The effect was quite interesting, the whole day I felt that familiar post training satisfaction and warmth in the muscles and sense of having "done something". Still feel it now. SO far so good...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic