Monkees Davy Jones dies

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:53 pm

dburns99 wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Very sad indeed, I first recall seeing him as the Artful Dodger in Oliver very talented indeed. A good guy? depends on how you view things, he was married 3 times and twice divorced due to his inattentiveness to his marriages and living life as a single guy, also into alcohol in younger days but not as bad as Peter Tork who left the Monkees due to alcohol, also not as astute as Mike Nesmith; Nesmith who gained rights to all the B sides of their records made the most of all 4 also inheriting his Mothers fortune from Tipp Ex or was it Twink that Mom invented.

Irrespective 66 is way too young to pass away.
I thought the Artful Dodger was played by Jack Wild from H.R. Puffinstuff ?
He was in the original West End and Broadway shows, not the movie.

Hydroman52

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:58 am

Davey Jones as the Artful Dodger on the same Ed Sullivan Show as the first appearance of The Beatles.

I watched this show when it first aired. I remember seeing The Beatles, but don't remember seeing Davey. I just learned about this after reading the obituary.

Hydroman52

Yamaha48

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm

What a shame,66 seems to young to die..
I can remember me the Monkees from the good old day's.
The Beatles,Patricks fameley and manny more,
Thanks for you tube,so we can alway's.look back to the golden years.

cheers from Holland Anton

dburns99

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I think Chas remembers the real Artful Dodger seeing as he's the same age as Dickens. :laugh:
Damn I wish my parents took me to Broadway shows when I was 5 as well......wish even more that I could remember when I was 5 LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic