Monkees Davy Jones dies

dennisg

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 pm

The older we get, the more of them die...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/showbiz/o ... ?hpt=hp_t3

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:17 pm

That is a real shame, 66 seems so young.

suziko

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Sad news. Davy Jones was one of my first celebrity-crushes, when I was about 13. Sure, he was around 38 at the time, but I had a crush on Davy Jones circa 1967 (from watching the tv show that Mtv began re-airing) and didn't let reality get in my way. My sister even bought my tickets to see them in concert on their 20th reunion tour. 66 is far too young to die.

tombo1230

Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Very sad, he seemed like a nice guy. 66 is too young and considering he led a very fit and healthy lifestyle, it's very suprising.

Tom N. :(

willem

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
It is young! Wonder what took him?

tombo1230

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm

TwoCatSam wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
It is young! Wonder what took him?
He had a heart attack.

Tom N.

Chasplaya

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Very sad indeed, I first recall seeing him as the Artful Dodger in Oliver very talented indeed. A good guy? depends on how you view things, he was married 3 times and twice divorced due to his inattentiveness to his marriages and living life as a single guy, also into alcohol in younger days but not as bad as Peter Tork who left the Monkees due to alcohol, also not as astute as Mike Nesmith; Nesmith who gained rights to all the B sides of their records made the most of all 4 also inheriting his Mothers fortune from Tipp Ex or was it Twink that Mom invented.

Irrespective 66 is way too young to pass away.

tombo1230

Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:53 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Very sad indeed, I first recall seeing him as the Artful Dodger in Oliver very talented indeed. A good guy? depends on how you view things, he was married 3 times and twice divorced due to his inattentiveness to his marriages and living life as a single guy, also into alcohol in younger days but not as bad as Peter Tork who left the Monkees due to alcohol, also not as astute as Mike Nesmith; Nesmith who gained rights to all the B sides of their records made the most of all 4 also inheriting his Mothers fortune from Tipp Ex or was it Twink that Mom invented.

It must have been tipp ex Chas, I found this.

In 1958 (while Michael was attending his first year at Thomas Jefferson High School), Bette marketed her invention "Liquid Paper" via The Mistake Out Company. This product, still used globally, corrected minor mistakes in handwriting or typing with a small dab of white paint.

Tom N.

dburns99

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

I thought the Artful Dodger was played by Jack Wild from H.R. Puffinstuff ?

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:53 pm

I think Chas remembers the real Artful Dodger seeing as he's the same age as Dickens. :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic