Uhm...uke-thread? Harp-thread? Lovesongs-thread? Beatles-thread?...can't choose, new thread it is!;)

TGNesh

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey all!

I just wanna share my latest addition(s) with you, wich is a great UKE!!! Yeeeeh, I finally got myself one! :woohoo:

I bought it last thursday and have had much fun just playing this and that. I went over dozens of songs in order to get the chords down automatically. I mean, a D is suddenly a G, an E is suddenly an A, an F is suddenly a Bb :S , you get the picture?! ;)

I actually found out that lots of Beatles-tunes are múch fun to play on a uke, they just sound really cool on it, so I bumped into this one, wich contains a solo wich just hás to be in there, now how to solve that??? :dry: ! Well I've been often very inspired by Stuart who is a champion on the harp, so I just tried it out. I have a couple of them, and I've been playing it for a bit on and off lately. However, it was a lot of fun combining it with the uke! :cheer: (still a lot of work there... :lol: )

Anyway, hope you'll enjoy, I sure did so myself! :) :)

Specifications ukelele:

Bocote (Butterfly) KA-BFT Tenor
Product Description:

17 Tenor Scale (Distance from Nut to Saddle)
26-3/8 Overall body length
11-3/4 Body length
6-3/4 Upper Bout
9 Lower Bout
5-1/4 Waist
3 TO 3-1/4 Arched-Back Body depth
1-3/8 At Nut
Bocote top, back and sides
Traditional Rope binding on top, custom spruce binding on back
18 Silver-Nickel Frets
Fret position Marks at 5th,7th,10th and 12th frets on neck and top of fingerboard
Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
Mahogany neck
Ebony nut and saddle
Open geared Tuners with black buttons
Custom wood Butterfly inlay on headstock
PREMIUM AQUILA NYLGUT STRINGS

http://www.kalaukulele.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=KA-BFT

BobR

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Vanessa,

That was really cool. Uke, Harp and as always great singing. And a real nice Beatles tune.

Way to go :woohoo:

Bob

daryl

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:09 pm

One of the Paul's best songs (in my opinion). What fun Ness. Loved that high note at 2:32.

michelew

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Nessa,

I LOVED it!

You could have started a happy songs thread or a fun, fun, fun thread too. :)

This is so much fun that it's the perfect ad. for any one that was considering the Uke but Is just not sure what the fuss was all about. :) I love the different picking and strumming and the rolling drum strum that you play in this too. Your Uke is Beautiful and sounds even sweeter.

I LOVE the harp solution. It sounds great. You make it look easy like everything else you do.

I always love your singing.

And I love your expressions and that you look like you're having a ball. Makes me want to pick up my Uke.

Fun, fun, fun, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and inspirational.

Love

Shel

willem

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:50 pm

I was waiting when you would show your second hansem,great song choice but gee with harp too.
Can't wait till you do an Bon Jovi song,that would be special.

W.

willem

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I was waiting when you would show your second hansem,great song choice but gee with harp too.
Can't wait till you do an Bon Jovi song,that would be special.

W.

jimcjimc

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Vanessa,
That was great! You are very talented!
Jim

PS Just in case anyone is tempted to run out and buy an uke (or a harp) and emulate Vanessa, don't try to take it back to the store and get your money back if it doesn't sound as good :)

dburns99

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:40 pm

LOL

dburns99

Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:42 pm

A Kazoo solo would've been cool too!

michelew

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:17 pm

Bob: Ha Bob, thanks for checking it out, so great to hear you liked it! :woohoo: :P

Daryl: Oooooh, I sure had fun and in honest, believe it or not, but I thought of you whenever I got to that note :) (I remember your comment on 'Love the one you're with') , sooooo happy that you loved it, thanks!!!! :cheer: ;)

Michele: Aaah Shel, sweetie, sweetie, sweetie. Just LOVED to read everything you've said! :cheer: :cheer: A fun fun fun-thread would have been a great title as well, haha! :laugh: The 'rolling drum strum', can you believe that John played that during most of the song, if not the whole song (don't know for sure)???? But yeah, I like it too and it sounded so suitable for the uke, I was indeed having a ball! :woohoo:

Willem: Haha, my second Handsome indeed ;) ! This one plays notes, thankfully it doesn't bark! :laugh: :P But yeah, I really love my new uke, it's a cutie! :cheer: Thanks Willem :) :) !! A BJ-song? Why? Wich one? On a uke?

Jim: Gosh Jim, that was such a sweet comment, it also cracked me up :laugh: , thank you very much!!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic