Uhm...uke-thread? Harp-thread? Lovesongs-thread? Beatles-thread?...can't choose, new thread it is!;)

buddy

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Very very fun video, brought a big smile to my face.

Bud

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Just brilliant Vanessa... that is just about the most fun I have seen in any one video to date!
I think you could play your shoe laces and it would sound great... great addition to your music room.
B) :cheer:

tombo1230

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:25 pm

Very cool! and very entertaining Vanessa. :) I reckon if you cut your finger music comes out of the wound, cos you certainly have the music in you!

Great job, really enjoyed the playing, especially 'cos it was the Beatles.

That's a very handsome instrument there. The top looks beautiful, is it Koa? Maybe too dark for Koa?

Tom N.

willem

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:45 pm

I wonder,a uke can be fun but its roots is the challenging,just a thought.

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm

A good times post, Vanessa !

The only suggestion I can offer is that you might want to avoid melting the nylon strings by strumming them too fast.
It must be quite a scare when all the strings snap at the same time !

Very cool, very fun :)
Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Buddy: Bud, I so love achieving that :) , made me smile big as well, thanks so much!!

Chris: Aaaaah Chris, so very pleased that you liked the new addition to my musicroom :cheer: , even when I'm missing two strings! :P ;) Thanks!!!

Tom: That's so very sweet Tom.....nice comparison! ;) :cheer: :P And you know, besides the new instruments, Beatles-songs just álways make me really happy, it's a childhood-thing, just a great combination of fun factors! Thanks again Tom! Edit: Oh, I forgot, the top, sides and back are made of Bocote, wich is apparently a South American kind of wood. I guess in a way it looks like Koa, even my specialized guitarshop-guy thought it was Koa, but according to the specifications it's Bocote. You could have fooled me though, I know nothing, haha! :S :laugh:

Dermot: Whahahaha, you're tooooooo funny Dermot! hahaha! :laugh: :laugh: Appreciate the kind comment very much though :cheer: , thanks!!!

Pierre: Oh gosh, all the strings snapping at the same time, haha, if I only just imagine that! :laugh: :P :S Thanks Pierre, very glad that you liked it, it was indeed a very good time :) :) !!

Thanks guys! :)

Ness

AcousticAl

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Uh.....Willem.....haha! :laugh: I have absolutely no idea what you're getting at! :dry: :S

What do you mean?

willem wrote:
I wonder,a uke can be fun but its roots is the challenging,just a thought.

suziko

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Wow!! How much fun was that?!! I loved every second of this video and I'm once again filled, no, OVER-filled with admiration for your musical talent!! You are truly amazing, Ness. Loved the harp SO much!! You rock, girl!!

Suzi

lueders

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Some folks got it!!! So ridiculouslessly freakin' awesome!!!!Aren't you running out of cool things to do yet?!
Krista and sat her on the couch watching this...just laughing our butts off!! :laugh: :laugh:
Her comment was your "seductive" type expressions were priceless.(I'm not going anywhere near that one. :blush: Lol.) Personally, the part that cracked me up was was when you went to the harp....you somehow still managed to keep the classic Vanessa eye contact going!!! You're such a born performer!!
Really, really enjoyed this one....like so many others you have graced us/blessed us with over the time you have been here.
Congrats on your ukulele! And Great harp playing!! Heck, you should of played that on our Decemberists!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic