Any John Hiatt fans out there?

jimcjimc

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:50 pm

I have been a big John Hiatt fan ever since one day in 1995/1996 when I was driving in LA and heard a radio station playing all the tracks from his Walk On CD. I bought it and just about everything else he has done. He is a great singer/songwriter. I recently bought his most recent CD Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns and have been listening to it a lot lately.

I just put in a Recommend a Lesson for one of the songs on the new CD: Hold On For your Love. http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... -love.html

Please vote for it if you are a fan.

Here is a youtube recording of it:

http://www.johnhiatt.com/cds/mudslide200.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

ncsurfer

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Great to hear from another Hiatt fan!!!! I love John Hiatt, seen him 5 times and going this Saturday to see him again with Lyle Lovett in Charleston, SC. So very many of his songs I would like to learn. This song has my vote but I would blindly vote for anything by John, Give me a little shot of rhythm! Keep the suggestions coming.

lueders

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Oh, yeah...I am definitely a J. Hiatt fan, Jim. I like his stuff a lot! And I have heard good things about this album!

And thanks for putting this up! This is a very nice song! Love the mando parts especially!

What a song writer! !I love John Hiatt's "Have a Little Faith In Me" a WHOLE LOT! I have pretty decent tab of "Same Old Man" if you are interested, too. (that is one of his new-ish songs) I'll vote for J.H. for sure!

Cori

jimcjimc

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Well, I am glad to see we have a couple of John Hiatt fans here! I noticed we have 3 votes now, so the song went from 1190 on the Recommend a Lesson queue to 878 (with a bullet) :)

Mark - enjoy the concert! I have seen him once in concert. I would be happy to see just about any of his songs here. I just picked that one as an interesting sounding song from his new album. Now, if somebody wants to help me with this or tell me to listen closely and I will notice it uses open chords and I IV V pattern or whatever, that''s cool too.

For all of the ozzies out there, I noticed from his web site he is playing 4 dates in australia in early april.

Thanks Cori for the vote. I also noticed his web site has downloadable chords/tabs for several of his songs http://www.thejohnhiattarchives.com/?Downloads:Chords

lueders

Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Oh, cool! thanks for the link, Jim. (a lot of great tabs there on his official page...so many times I forget or don't usually think to look for tabs on artist pages like that for tabs.)

trix606

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:16 am

My wife and I have seen John Hiatt several times. Some with a band, a couple of acoustic shows with Lyle Lovett and one amazing show with Lyle, Guy Clark and Joe Ely. My wife even got to take a picture of John Hiatt and a fan prior to a concert in Northampton MA. Great guy.
I will definitely add a vote for Hold On.

jimcjimc

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi Trix606,
Glad to see another John Hiatt fan! Thanks for your vote. I notice this is your first post and you are a Target member. Feel free to introduce yourself over at the "Please Introduce Yourself Here" category.
Jim

thereshopeyet

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Thanks

jimcjimc

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Dermot,
Thanks for your vote! The system now shows 4 votes so it jumped up by over a hundred songs to #774 in the queue - a lot of other songs with 4 votes :)

I should point out that I am new to the Recommend a Lesson page. I had never recommended one or voted for one before (If you want me to vote for one of yours in return, let me know.) My usual thought on this is that there are already more target lessons than I will ever get to, so it's all good.

Anyway, to your question of favorite album. I checked my collection. I have 9 of his CDs. (He has been releasing albums since 1974 and may have 30+ altogether)

My favorite is probably Best of John hiatt - lot of good songs on it, "Have a little Faith in Me", "Thing Called Love",

I like Walk On a lot - the first CD of his I purchased.
I like the new one a lot.

And The Tiki Bar is open, Crossing Muddy Waters, and Master of Disaster...

Thanks,
Jim

thereshopeyet

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic