Is this a record for the fastest string change?

Lavallee

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 am

Very impressive work from this guy. I learned a little trick about the length of the string to cut. I was always waiting at the end after the tuning to cut the extra length (just in case). I like what he did using the length of the guitar as a guide.

Marc

dennisg

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am

Lavallee wrote:
Very impressive work from this guy. I learned a little trick about the length of the string to cut. I was always waiting at the end after the tuning to cut the extra length (just in case). I like what he did using the length of the guitar as a guide.

Marc
I think he uses the length from one tuning peg to another as the extra length for the string. It's not very much, so he only gets a couple of wraps.

tombo1230

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:10 pm

dennisg wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
I think he uses the length from one tuning peg to another as the extra length for the string. It's not very much, so he only gets a couple of wraps.
Yes it's a neat trick. I always use this method since discovering this video a while back.

Tom N.

Chasplaya

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:52 pm

haoli25 wrote:
With many guitars to re-string, including a couple of 12-strings, I prefer Low-Tech and Cheap. :laugh:

I have a couple of these that I use often. I have also bought several more of these to give to some fellow guitar players.

http://www.spin-doctor.com/

Bill
Now they are neat, checked here in NZ not available duh!

thereshopeyet

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic