...and how has your day been?

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks

AcousticAl

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 pm

I have MANY computers. All PC.
And I've wanted to throw each of them out the window at some point.
I'd probably feel the same if they were macs.

I feel for you Chris.
The blue screen of death is never fun.

willem

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:19 am

Darn computers and smartphones,,,there are many days I am happy 'cos they work like they should be..

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:18 am

Says it all really I just spent the last 10 minutes writing post and stupid PC lost it damn!

abiliog

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 am

After reading this thread, I'm feeling lucky :)
Trying to send good vibes....

Abilio

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:16 am

My favourite comment on computers by Spliff: Computers Sind Doof!

Lavallee

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:48 am

Hi Chris, I hope that your computer stuff is fixed: they could be either friendly or your worst enemy(often more of the later).

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Marc... too right! Until now, I have had mostly positive experiences with this laptop Dell Inspiron 1525, its been a real workhorse and PC has improved so much in the last few years... its almost as good as a Mac. Almost. But price does play a role wit these things so PC is ahead there.

Its a stale-mate for me at the moment. The only viable option I now have is to install Windows / over Vista and hope my data survives. I'll try that tomorrow and say a little prayer. For now I,m on an olde IBM Thinkpad (also a real workhorse) which has a hieroglyphics keyboard ;-).

Chasplaya

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:44 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Marc... too right! Until now, I have had mostly positive expressions with this laptop Dell Inspiron 1525, its been a real workhorse and PC has improved so much in the last few years... its almost as good as a Mac. Almost. But price does play a role wit these things so PC is ahead there.

Its a stale-mate for me at the moment. The only viable option I now have is to install Windows / over Vista and hope my data survives. I'll try that tomorrow and say a little prayer. For now I,m on an olde IBM Thinkpad (also a real workhorse) which has a hieroglyphics keyboard ;-).
Dump Vista get Windows 7 and a few issues will disappear.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:34 am

Happy day!

Well Chas, I did dump Vista and mount Windows 7.
Friend of mine managed to save my data (although, at first things were looking very grim) by using Acronis attached by USB to external disc (over-night job) wiped the hard disc and loaded Windows 7 for me plus a few other nifty updates to my basic programmes and bingo! Next day a working laptop returned to its owner working better than before with updated parameters and intact data! Just have to re- load a truckload of programmes to get back to where I was. So it took some internet research on my part and some chatting to 2 friends in the IT world with a little help from Facebook (and a nice side chat with Suzi) to find out how to proceed and then, low and behold, another IT friend offered of his own free will to do the rescue work. One bottle of the finest wine I could find later and Thunderbirds are go again. More than anything else, I am moved by selfless kindness and it was worth the crash to experience it. Every other road would have lead to sizeable expense and the forced purchase of a new laptop on top.

:laugh: I'm one happy camper.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic