Dennis sells an article to a guitar magazine

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:50 am

Ummm i might be dumb but can we get a link to the actual article?

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:52 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Awesome mate and congrats on getting published that's a big deal.. and I know for sure!!! I will certainly look out for your article.

I've been published once on leadership stuff and that paid dividend's lol

Edit Tovo;s also published just google and ye shall find him, I can't find mine though hmm mm :(

tovo

Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Published in the Taylor magazine?!! "As he surveyed his domain he wept...for there were no Worlds left to conquer." (I'm impressed in case my reaction is unclear). Well done my friend.

dennisg

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 am

Thanks so much, everyone. I've always made a living as a writer, but this is the first time I've ever written (and sold) an article about playing the guitar. You can probably imagine that it's always special for a writer when he or she can combine a passion with a desire to describe it to people, so this one is fun for me. I used to be a wine columnist, but since I was afflicted with pancreatitis, I can no longer drink (or write about) wine. In the absence of that, writing about guitar playing fulfills the strange need I have to tell people how much fun their hobby can be.

willem

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:22 am

dennisg wrote:
Thanks so much, everyone. I've always made a living as a writer, but this is the first time I've ever written (and sold) an article about playing the guitar. You can probably imagine that it's always special for a writer when he or she can combine a passion with a desire to describe it to people, so this one is fun for me. I used to be a wine columnist, but since I was afflicted with pancreatitis, I can no longer drink (or write about) wine. In the absence of that, writing about guitar playing fulfills the strange need I have to tell people how much fun their hobby can be.

Keep the good work going,,its just great for you Dennis..

Lavallee

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 am

Dennis, I am looking forward to read the article. It is a fantastic opportunity to be able to merge your work with your hobby

Marc

sws626

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I'll look forwrad to this. And thanks for introducing the magazine. Not being a Taylor owner, I'd not previously come across it.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Dennis, this may be the beginning of a whole new literary genre ...

I've heard of some novels that were based on movies, like "Starman", "E.T.", the "Star Trek" series,
but ... "You saw 'Open Mike' the guitar video, now are you ready for 'Open Mike', the guitar magazine article?"

Yes, the pen is a mighty weapon and I can only imagine how you will wield it.
For example, I hope you describe your epic encounter with the disheveled and drooling Master of Ceremonies at that event.

Anyway, it will all be great reading , for sure !

Happy for you here, good news :)

Pierre

lueders

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Congrats!! :) That is so cool you were able to combine your writing skill & passion with your guitar playing passion! I will look forward to reading this with much anticipation.

Cori

Catman

Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 am

Looking forward to reading it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic