FINALLY -- good news about the banner

dennisg

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 am

I'm very sorry to say that the TG banner is lost -- probably forever. Shortly before I shot my video, Kevin PM'd me and asked if I would send him the banner, which I was only too happy to do. So, when the time came to ship it off, I had the banner professionally packed (and inspected) in a fresh and very rigid cardboard tube -- the ends taped securely with shipping tape. And when Kevin received the tube, one of the ends was open and the banner was missing.

It's clear to me that the only way for the tube to come open, after the precautions I took, was for someone along the shipping chain to willfully cut open the tape and remove the banner. It couldn't have come open accidentally.

So, I want to apologize to everyone who had the banner come into his or her life or who simply enjoyed watching the videos as the banner traveled around the world. I'm very frustrated about this and sad that this important piece of TG memorabilia is lost. We'll try to track it down, but I don't have much hope that it'll turn up.

My wife Jamie who, in the course of running her business, occasionally has to make a banner, has offered to make another one for TG, at our expense -- and we would be happy to start the signing process all over again. (Matt, if you'd like to take her up on her offer, we'll need an EPS file of the TG logo.)

Again, I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am that this happened.

mark

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 am

Hi Dennis,

This is bad news, but feel any responsibility for yourself.
This could have happened at any time.

It's a strange thing to steal so there's still a chance that the shipping company may still have it in lost property.

Lavallee

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:55 am

Hi Dennis, you do not have to feel bad, you did not loose it , the carrier did. This is the risk of using carriers as they loose stuff all the time. They do not have always the most legit personnel either. It was an experiment which was fun while it last. As Mark said, maybe it is an accident and it might be laying somewhere. Maybe sending a picture to the carrier might help, they might make an extra effort to locate it.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am

Bummer. Not your fault Dennis.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 am

Hi Dennis, please don't let a crapper like this spoil a minute of your valuable time.
We can still hope that it may turn out that the banner went into hiding temporarily.
How many times can you wake up in a different part of the world with a new name tattooed on you without needing a break ?
... Maybe it's like Buffet's Margaritaville every time.

And this event sure ain't due to any fault on your part, it was always a risky venture, anyway ... shiite happens.
It's the spirit of the thing that counts, a genius idea sparked by TG member Tammy, and we've smiled so much because of this process since.

Pierre

haoli25

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 am

Let's just wait for the ransom demands from the bannernappers................

Music Junkie

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 am

Hey Dennis:

That is indeed some bad news. Not your fault though..... I have had things stolen through the mail before. You just never know who is handling the things you send along, and most certainly some of them are shits...... :(

This is just a reminder that the world is full of deviants. Unfortunately, things like this happen from time to time and we are reminded of those who are less than kind. That being said, there is a small possibility that it will be found and returned.

We still have our wonderful site and all of our friends here though!!! B)

MJ

Craig

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:41 am

Dennis,
Bummer for sure but nothing for you to feel bad about. It could have happened at any time on it's trek. Hopefully it will show up somewhere since it has no real value except to us.... It doesn't change what we are all about on this site.
No worries,
Craig

schm040

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:15 am

The good news is that those of us who had a chance to receive the banner and sign it were able to enjoy the experience. Might I suggest that Banner 2.0 first go to those who had not yet had a chance to get the original one.

Matt

BobR

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 am

Hi Dennis,

That is bad news, but don't beat yourself up over it. It is absolutely not your fault. Maybe it will turn up somewhere who knows.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic