FINALLY -- good news about the banner

michelew

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 am

I'm still having problems accepting that someone would want to steal it. So... once they've finished using it as an emergency rain cover, football, or whatever other creative purpose it is currently serving, I'm hoping that some sweet person will clip the offenders around the ears and make them contact TG and return it to its rightful home. Here's hoping.

Den you can only send it on its way safely and hope for the best. I'm sure everyone who had the banner in their hands before you held their breathe a little until it reached its destination. You were just unlucky.

I was definitely looking forward to seeing all of the signatures of you good folks. Signing a largely bare or very naked canvas won't be the same. Oh well ... Hopefully it will travel around again before it crosses to our little island. :).

Banner 1 come home! (let's home it's like Lassie).

Setting up a collection pot so we can help out with the cost of banner 2 is a good idea. I'd be happy to contribute.

M.

lueders

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 am

Dennis, it's been said quite a little bit already, but that really sucks lagoon water, man!! But like everyone else said, I feel bad for you more
than anything. :( No sweat1...ain't your fault. :)

schm040

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:19 am

Dennis et. al.

It would not be that difficult to recreate the banner electronically if we had a collection of images and or video of the banner with the signatures we had on it. I took some pretty detailed video of the banner before it left my house as I am sure many of us did, the rest could be done electronically and then imprinted on the banner when it is recreated.

We would just need a vendor to help us and all the files. I know one and could contact them.

I used to have these things made for work and they can do pretty much anything with electronic media.

Just a thought.

I am willing to do the leg work if I can get commitment from those who have images or video of the banner.

Matt

leeson

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:32 pm

I am disappointed because I wanted to see it and sign it. But remember, the banner itself is just material. What the banner represents is the community here at TG. That can never be stolen or lost. Chin up Dennis. I look forward to the next one.

Bill

Hydroman52

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:12 am

dennisg wrote:
My wife Jamie who, in the course of running her business, occasionally has to make a banner, has offered to make another one for TG, at our expense -- and we would be happy to start the signing process all over again. (Matt, if you'd like to take her up on her offer, we'll need an EPS file of the TG logo.)
Dennis,

I think that Tammy's (wammer) brother printed the first banner. It maybe worthwhile to check with Tammy to see if he has the artwork setup, yet. Or, it might be easy for him to have another banner made for a price. We could take up a collection to pay for it. Could anyone get in contact with Tammy to find out, that is, of course if you don't already have another one already being made.

Just a thought,

Hydroman52

thereshopeyet

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 am

TheresHopeYet

dennisg

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:41 am

My wife has offered to make a new one, and she's happy to do that. I've contacted Matt about getting the art for it, but I haven't heard back from him. Maybe he's traveling, If he still hasn't contacted me by the end of next week, I'll see about getting Tammy's art, although she doesn't appear to be on TG anymore -- at least not on the forum. Thanks for the suggestion, Hydro.

tombo1230

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Tom N Wrote:
I might use a better pen this time and get my name as big as Willems!
Maybe bring a paint brush Tom!
That is if it comes to Scotland and I'm invited!

:)
Dermot, why wouldn't it be and why wouldn't you be? :blink: :)

Tom N.

dekotaj

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Well Folks The Banner has landed in The Quad cities Il.USA!!!

Back home safe and sound.

Kev

RicksPick

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Kevin

? please tell more :ohmy:
Fingers crossed

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic