An Inspiring Video about the Healing Power of Music

suziko

Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 am

I thought you all might enjoy watching this video about the restorative powers of music on an elderly man in a nursing home. I'll admit that it got me pretty choked up.

Music Junkie

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 am

Suzi:

That was very interesting indeed. I saw something similar to this one night while my wife was watching a show on TLC. I have to admit that I usually avoid programs like this, because they bother me so much. It truly breaks my heart to see folks in these conditions. It is wonderful to see how music can make some of them feel "alive" again. I have always been amazed by the power of music, and the mood shifting powers it has held over my life. I am very thankful for it.

Thanks for sharing this clip. Hopefully others will find it inspiring as well.... :)

MJ

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks for posting Suzi. Oliver Sacks is my kind of doctor! The quality of communication, the depth and aliveness of Danny as he said what music means to him just brought a huge smile to my face. Anyone who can bring this kind of quality into someone's life, especially to those wasting away in an old folks home, is doing something so worthwhile.

suziko

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 am

I am a big fan of Oliver Sacks, too, and would highly recommend his book Musicophilia to anyone who is interested in the connection between the brain and music. It's a fascinating and very accessible read, with many personal anecdotes.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:20 am

Suzi is so right....!

suziko wrote:
I am a big fan of Oliver Sacks, too, and would highly recommend his book Musicophilia to anyone who is interested in the connection between the brain and music. It's a fascinating and very accessible read, with many personal anecdotes.

willem

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks Suzi,,he really lived up,,a human is a strange thing and it is great there are people how care and help when we get old or sick..

silvermatter

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:39 pm

thanks for sharing

dennisg

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Great video. Thanks for bringing this to us.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic