Remember this guy?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Listening to Daryl improvising over on his thread, a memory was somehow trigger of this guy... remember him? Ever heard of him? I had his Perilous Journey album and liked it a lot. And he's playing here in Rosslyn Chapel of The Da Vinci Code fame.
Never heard of him being mentioned on TG.
Get a load of that 12 string!

Gordon Giltrap

you may recognise this: Heart Song

willem

Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm

I really never heard of him and nothing came back in my mind but I can imagine the memorie came up by you while listening to Daryl's jam track..

W.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:34 am

Wow, I didn't realise that nobody knew him! :blush:

Catman

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 am

I remembered the song in the second clip, but not Mr. Giltrap himself.

tombo1230

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I've heard of him, but don't know much about his work to be honest.

But did you know.........In 2000 Gordon felt very honoured to be invited to become a member of The Grand Order of Water Rats...The GOWR is the oldest show business charity in the UK and has among its members Rick Wakeman, Brian May, John Lodge (Moody Blues), Joe Brown, Bert Weedon, Jim Marshall and recently Nico McBrain the drummer with Iron Maiden. Past Water Rats include Charlie Chaplin, Sir John Mills, Tommy Cooper and many more.

And look Bert Weedon is in there again and nobody new him in my obituary posting the other day. Some of these people have been around so long you have to be of a certain age. :laugh:

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 am

Speak up Laddie, can't hear you!

Yeah, must be age thing, dust is slowly settling on us all!
I really liked his sound and Perilous Journey played non stop on my turntable for many a day.
Listening to him again, I realise that my ear liked the 12 string sound ... and something about his sound reminds me of the BSG guitar sound I so love. Slowly, I begin to understand the influences which have been guide me all along yet mostly unconsciously. Its worth taking a listen to him, if you are interested. He was a contemporary and friend of Mike Oldfield and Rick Wakeman.

tombo1230 wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
I've heard of him, but don't know much about his work to be honest.

But did you know.........In 2000 Gordon felt very honoured to be invited to become a member of The Grand Order of Water Rats...The GOWR is the oldest show business charity in the UK and has among its members Rick Wakeman, Brian May, John Lodge (Moody Blues), Joe Brown, Bert Weedon, Jim Marshall and recently Nico McBrain the drummer with Iron Maiden. Past Water Rats include Charlie Chaplin, Sir John Mills, Tommy Cooper and many more.

And look Bert Weedon is in there again and nobody new him in my obituary posting the other day. Some of these people have been around so long you have to be of a certain age. :laugh:

Tom N.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 am

Catman wrote:
Are we just showing our age David! I though someone would remember Heartsong. I'm guessing you would have been in Britain at the time?

Catman

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:18 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Catman wrote:
Are we just showing our age David! I though someone would remember Heartsong. I'm guessing you would have been in Britain at the time?
Chris, I'm not old; I'm timeless.

And yes, as it happens I lived in London from 1976 to 1978.

Chasplaya

Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 am

I know of him and I hate him lol jk.... :-P

dennisg

Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:01 am

I don't know him, but he's certainly got talent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic