The best YouTube music video of all time? It's right here.

Lavallee

Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 pm

I am not sure I have a favorite but this automatic music machine from the conservatoire of Iowa is certainly up there. It is made from parts from the John Deere plant mainly hydraulics components. They seem to recycle the balls going back in the funnels.

Marc

Catman

Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 am

This is a fantastic video, both artistically and musically (it has a very Blue Man Group feel to it). But to give credit (big credit) where it is due, this is computer animation called Pipe Dream by a company called Animusic (http://www.animusic.com , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animusic).

No John Deeres where harmed in the making of this movie :)

Lavallee wrote:
I am not sure I have a favorite but this automatic music machine from the conservatoire of Iowa is certainly up there. It is made from parts from the John Deere plant mainly hydraulics components. They seem to recycle the balls going back in the funnels.

Marc

Lavallee

Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 am

Catman wrote:
This is a fantastic video, both artistically and musically (it has a very Blue Man Group feel to it). But to give credit (big credit) where it is due, this is computer animation called Pipe Dream by a company called Animusic (http://www.animusic.com , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animusic).

No John Deeres where harmed in the making of this movie :)

Lavallee wrote:

Marc
Thanks David for correcting me. I have fallen victim of a hoax. I will make better research next time.

Marc

dennisg

Tue May 01, 2012 7:46 am

If the Blue Man Group video is 1A, then this one is 1B. Watching this video, it's clear it took days to set up the stunts and coordinate the camera movements. Enjoy!

AcousticAl

Tue May 01, 2012 11:48 am

Love this version of Rush's 'Subdivisions'!
Excellent use of looping technology.

YouTube write up:
Singer/Songwriter Jacob Moon performs 'Subdivisions' by Rush, live on the rooftop of the Staircase Theatre in Hamilton, ON.
Rush recently saw this video and asked Moon to perform his version of Subdivisions for their induction into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame on March 28, 2010.

dennisg

Tue May 01, 2012 1:19 pm

This one isn't really a music video, but I love the way the music was integrated into the action.

Chasplaya

Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Great video Al, I downloaded this quite sometime ago. Great that Rush recognised him and what an honour to perform as their intro.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, I have to second David on Walk off the Earth's cover of the Gotye number, Somebody That I Used to Know, it is just fabulous. And yes they can play it live exactly as in the video (proof below) but Gianni has slight problems keeping his vocal clean, its obviously a real stretch for him. I reckon the original video (100 Million views and counting) was studio recorded (the quality of the voices and guitar sound is just too perfect for anything else) but they really can do this stunt. They say it took 2 days to learn it and 30 takes to get the video in the can.

And the spin-offs are many, there's a great parody below and.... a brilliant mix of Gotye and WOTE showing just how brilliant WOTE were in their cover... note for note, voicing for voicing perfect in pitch and timing. And the visual mix is amazing... Tom will have to tell us how that can be done, seems like a huge job to me.

Parody:

Mix Goyte/WOTE:

Live on German radio... AND LOOK CHAS, THEY ARE PLAYING A CLARKE KENT!! They do exist after all!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic