Who has a better job

Chasplaya

Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:01 am

Jill and I just came back from Glengarry's Malt Club evening. We did a tour round Scotlands classic distilleries well seven of them at least. We started with a Hazelburn from Cambeltown an 8yr old, bit of a lightweight but still quite drinkable. We then moved to lowland Glenkinchie an Edinburgh distillery for a nice 12 yr old aromatic, on the nose a sweet start but a bit dry finish. Then off to the Highlands for a Dalwhinnie 15 yr old, a bit bigger whiskey and more smoke and peat, then hello Speyside! for a wee Cragganmore only 12yrs old but this is a complex wee dram and one I could get used to too easily. On the home straight now but a wee break in Oban for a nice whisky called 'Oban' funnily enough from Scotlands 2nd smallest Distillery, Glengarries is fortunate to have a few of these as they are limited. Then over the seas to Skye for the second to last of the evening for a nice Talisker only 10 but a brilliant gold, you can note the sea spray influence, big finish peppery yet sweet. Then the big gun for the evening a 16 yr old Lagavulin wow talk about a smokey peat bomb. All of these were accompanied by some tasty NZ cheeses and freshly baked breads yum. And you know what? this is part of my job!! For those that don't know Glengarry are my employers a retail and distributive liquor business dealing moslty in fine wines and top shelf products.

willem

Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:05 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Jill and I just came back from Glengarry's Malt Club evening. We did a tour round Scotlands classic distilleries well seven of them at least. We started with a Hazelburn from Cambeltown an 8yr old, bit of a lightweight but still quite drinkable. We then moved to lowland Glenkinchie an Edinburgh distillery for a nice 12 yr old aromatic, on the nose a sweet start but a bit dry finish. Then off to the Highlands for a Dalwhinnie 15 yr old, a bit bigger whiskey and more smoke and peat, then hello Speyside! for a wee Cragganmore only 12yrs old but this is a complex wee dram and one I could get used to too easily. On the home straight now but a wee break in Oban for a nice whisky called 'Oban' funnily enough from Scotlands 2nd smallest Distillery, Glengarries is fortunate to have a few of these as they are limited. Then over the seas to Skye for the second to last of the evening for a nice Talisker only 10 but a brilliant gold, you can note the sea spray influence, big finish peppery yet sweet. Then the big gun for the evening a 16 yr old Lagavulin wow talk about a smokey peat bomb. All of these were accompanied by some tasty NZ cheeses and freshly baked breads yum. And you know what? this is part of my job!! For those that don't know Glengarry are my employers a retail and distributive liquor business dealing moslty in fine wines and top shelf products.

Only teasers Chas,,

AndyT

Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

I have one, maybe two drinks a year, so I'm afraid that your job simply doesn't cut it for me.

Now, if you were to work for Cole Clark....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic