Interested in Rare Whisky?

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 am

Here is pic of a recent purchase:

ANd here is the story behind it:

If you would like a bottle message me and I can do a great deal for you I have access to the remaining bottles in NZ not a lot left for you connoisseurs

BigBear

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Chas- Most of our whiskeys over here are Canadian or American bourbon whiskeys. Are these the famous Shackleton replica bottles with the Dalmore and Glen Mhor Scottish single malts in them?

My understanding is that the original Shackleton bottles have been returned to the ice under Shackleton's hut and 50,000 replica bottles were made based on samplings of the original. I have Dalmore in my whiskey cabinet but I think Glen Mhor is out of business.

I'd love to know more about these bottles.

Best. :cheer:

AndyT

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm

AndyT

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:31 pm

BigBear

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:31 pm

AndyT wrote:
Rick, if you read Chas' FB posting, you will see you and a few others are invited to a whiskey taste fest here in Hawaii. Chas is supplying the drinks.... LOL

I'll be there! Can I wear my Hawaiian shirt? LOL!

AndyT

Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 am

RIck you are correct these are the replicas containing some Glen Mhor. And indeed these are the famous Shakeltons I have through my new job got access to the remaining few bottles

PS Edit access does not mean cheap lol

BigBear

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
RIck you are correct these are the replicas containing some Glen Mhor. And indeed these are the famous Shakeltons I have through my new job got access to the remaining few bottles

Chas- out of curiosity, what are those bottles worth now? I recall they released them at 100 pounds but they have to be worth more now. Not that I could ever afford one. LOL!

Also, do you have a new job? Can you share some details? I knew you were doing police training but what are you doing now? Are congratulations in order?

Chasplaya

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:56 pm

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

Chas- out of curiosity, what are those bottles worth now? I recall they released them at 100 pounds but they have to be worth more now. Not that I could ever afford one. LOL!

Also, do you have a new job? Can you share some details? I knew you were doing police training but what are you doing now? Are congratulations in order?

They have held the price at around the 100 pound mark because of what its about. Not many remain, I can only order 1 at a time for my store. And yes I have a new job , I am Manager of a fine Wine store called Glengarry's; here's a link to my shop . Glengarry bought out the entire NZ shipment and are very careful about the release. I took voluntary severance from the Police, good thing I did as about 6mths after all my peers and staff were made redundant.

http://www.glengarrywines.co.nz/store/devonport

I imagine once they have completely sold out then the price will skyrocket.

BigBear

Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:

They have held the price at around the 100 pound mark because of what its about. Not many remain, I can only order 1 at a time for my store. And yes I have a new job , I am Manager of a fine Wine store called Glengarry's; here's a link to my shop . Glengarry bought out the entire NZ shipment and are very careful about the release. I took voluntary severance from the Police, good thing I did as about 6mths after all my peers and staff were made redundant.

http://www.glengarrywines.co.nz/store/devonport

I imagine once they have completely sold out then the price will skyrocket.

Chas- that's fantastic!! Congratulations on your new job and very best wishes for your prosperity and happiness!!

I used to be in the wine business as a small grower of Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris (Oregon's best wines). I can honestly say that after the novelty of being "in the wine business" wore off (about 10 minutes!) it was just damn hard work. I always wished I could be at the other end of the wine production cycle; selling it!! But that is damned hard work too! Fickle customers and fickle sellers. But hopefully you will meet some very interesting people and have some fun to boot!!

So next time I drink a fine wine I'll hoist a glass in your honor but in the interim I may have a wee dram (or three) of my favorite whiskey; Macallen 18.

Good luck and keep us posted!

:cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic