Re: Out of action RicksPick updated with pic's

RicksPick

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:34 am

Hi peeps well I'm in hospital surgery in 2 hours for a broken arm and shoulder. My question is Apple iPad or Android variant. I've tried iPad not brilliant so wondered which works best on here, and who better to ask but my buds on TG. So not a poll or a war between brands, just which u use and your experience. Thanks RicksrtPick.

Lavallee

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am

Hi Rick, Wow , that is a real drag. I hope the accident did not happen while playing guitar! Good luck with your operation. Cannot give you any help with the pads, can only send my good wishes.

Keep in touch

Marc

Music Junkie

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:44 am

Damn Rick, what happened???? Was it the quick strumming of the 1/16th notes???? I hope that the surgery goes well and that you are up and about in short order.... :)

I have an IPad, and although it does not navigate as easily as a laptop, it works well enough in a pinch. Since the tech peeps at TG have re-worked the lesson videos, they all seem to run and play very well for me when I try them out these days. Sometimes it is very nice to hang the IPad over the top of the music stand and have the lesson right in front of me while working on particular parts. Overall, I am satisfied with the results. I don't know much about the Android items, but have heard great things about them as tablets and such.

Get well soon and I hope you are not kept away from your guitar for too long.

Jason

daryl

Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 am

Ouch! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Perhaps this is a good time to work on theory, or composing with a software package (like GuitarPro)?

willem

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 am

Gee Rick,,sounds not right,,was it the bleus? well i have a android ''samsung galaxy plus'' smartphone and i viewed some lessons but it is a little screen,,most of the time I watch only the weekly news while sitting on the livingroom bench and via wifi,,maybe we can do WORDFEUD,my nickname is wildutch..

have a best recover.

Willem

dennisg

Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 am

So sorry, Rick. That's definitely going to put a damper on your Pete Townsend windmill strumming. I hope you get well quickly and can return to guitar playing in short order.

Love my iPad and I use it every day for one thing or another. Couldn't be happier with it.

BobR

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Rick,

Well that sucks. I hope all goes well and you're back in action soon. All I can say is I have used my iPhone and iPod Touch and while the screens are small they work great.

Bob

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

Rick

That sound sore.... ..... wishing you a speedy recovery.

Catman

Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:30 pm

Rick, that's a bummer!

I hope you get fixed up properly and have a quick recovery.

My wife has an iPad, I have a Motorola Xoom. So that pretty much shows where I stand on that.

My take is that the iPad will give you a consistent and usually flawless user experience, but it limits you unless you jailbreak it. The Androids do just the opposite; you can do just about what you like, but the interface and experience are inconsistent and sometimes buggy.

My opinion? If you are a tweaker and a digger-in-to-every-possible-menu-on-the-device-er, go Android. Otherwise go Apple.

-David

BigBear

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

Hey Rick, that's a real drag!! Did you have an accident of some sort? Did I miss a thread?

Well, very best wishes for a speedy and thorough recovery!

Good luck!! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic