Re: Out of action RicksPick updated with pic's

BigBear

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Oh gosh, sorry to hear that Rick, sure hope you'll get back on your feet again. No experience with Ipads or whatsoever, just want to wish you well!

Ness

mark

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Rick, sorry to hear of your problems. Get well soon

lueders

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Rick, that's a bummer. :(
Hoping you get back use of your arm, shoulder, & digits as soon as possible.
Not too tech savvy so I am no help there...heck I can't even figure out half the apps on my IPhone.
Best Wishes..

beaker

Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Heal up Rick, sorry to hear about your injuries. Whichever device you choose, I recommend watching lots of guitar vids on it just to stay inspired. Beaker.

Craig

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Rick,
Hope your surgery went well. Good luck and good wishes for a speedy recovery.

Craig

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:34 pm

HI Rick hope all went well with your surgery and you can get back to guitar soon. Ipad vs Android, my wife uses an Android and she is happy with it, my brother in law has an Ipad and hes happy with it. My guess is if you can trial them both do so and see what fits best with your needs.

tombo1230

Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Ouch! Rick, sorry to hear about your accident. As you might know I tore my bicep last November. It took about 4 months to heal properly. It's about 99% there now. I started trying to play after a few weeks, it was painfull! I will tell you though, you can learn a lot just watching Neil play, I did this a lot and I took some theory lessons.

Get well soon mate, hope the op' went well.

I had an Android pad but found it slow to hook up to the internet. My daughter Claire has borrowed it. I prefer my laptop to be honest. :) Much faster in every way.

Tom N.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Rick, believe you will get through this and it surely will come to pass.
At times like these, it's good to remember sportsmen who have had serious injuries and healed, going on to do very well.

I have a Blackberry Playbook tablet that does really fine with TG stuff and is compatible with so many Android apps.
And RIM, the maker of the Playbook, has slashed prices a great deal.
I recently saw a 64 gig Playbook for under $300 CAD. Mine is a 32 gig, would not consider a 16 gig acceptable.

Of course, the discount is because they are having market trouble, but is this really a long-term investment?
How long can we expect to keep any tablet before it becomes junk ?

Please let us know when you resume doing one-armed pushups again !

Pierre

tovo

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 am

This sounds like a real bummer Rick. Get well soon. I find my iPad very useful. No experience with other tablets.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 am

Broken arm and shoulder.... man Rick, you need to leave that Tommy Emanuel stuff to the young uns! Hope they put the bits back to getehr in the right order and you're out and about soon. Be well!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic