Re: Out of action RicksPick updated with pic's

michelew

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 am

Ouch Rick!!!!! I hope you've got a great story for all that pain.

I've never tried an android. I LOVE my iPad. I couldn't be without it now.

I hope you're feeling great soon. I guess you'll be playing tambourine for a while. ... I was going to say cowbell.... Oops.... Tambourine it is. :)

Thinking of you mate and sending you good vibes. Maybe you can get a cool hat for the occasion.

Shel

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:48 am

Brutal, Rick!
Hope you didn't offend someone with the wrong hat somewhere..

I'd go iPad. I use mine every day.
And as you know, Apple will eventually take over the world anyway.

Get well soon!

skaladar

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:33 am

Well that’s not good Rick! … Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the surgery went well and your recovery is a speedy one.

It sounds like it’s a good time to brush up on some theory. Re: your question; I think the iPad is your best bet.

Hope to hear from you soon.

♫ Ken ♫

MarkM

Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:38 am

Rick,

So sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you have a very speedy recovery!! Take care.

MarkM

Hydroman52

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 am

Oh man, what a bummer! Sounds painful, too. Hopefully, everything will turn out well.

I have an Acer A500 tablet (Android). The main reason that I got it was to use as a teleprompter for my music. It works great for that. The added bonus is that I can do a ton of other things. Haven't used my laptop in a month or so. There were a couple of reasons why I got this one over an ipad or another Android tablet.

1 Full sized USB port and micro USB port - I can directly connect my portable hard drives without jumping through any hoops to access or transfer files.
2 Micro HDMI port - Just started using this. Plug directly into a TV or projector with an HDMI port , and I can watch a movie or make a presentation.
3 Internal memory expansion card is micro SD - That's compatible with all my other stuff.
4 Gorilla Glass - This stuff is tough. Have it on my cell phone, and, after a year and a half, it still looks like new without a screen protector.

As far as running programs and TG stuff, I haven't had any problems as long as I have a good Internet connection. As far as the Android over ipad battle (ease of use and program availability), I won't go into that, because I just don't have the experience in the Apple world. All I've got is an ipod, and it sits on the shelf most of the time. I guess I never really cared for the itunes thing.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hydroman52

takhak

Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Rickspick,
There is nothing humerus about a broken arm. Get well soon and fill us in when you feel up to it.

haoli25

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:43 am

Get well quickly, Rick. :)

RicksPick

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:35 am

Hello everyone and thanks for all the nice comments

I was knocked off my motorcycle, a couple of nights in hospital and a 3 hour operation several screws and a plate later, Im back and on the mend:-)
Prognosis is good but could take upto 3 months. I will have to build up my callouses again but thats not bad is it:-)
So more time for catching up with the forum and all that you wonderful people are up to, so cheer me up and upload vidoes
I ended up getting an samsung android tablet in the end and it works fine
RicksPick

dennisg

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:38 am

Rick,

Considering the nature of your accident, you got off lucky. I'm glad you're alive and well and able to tell us about it.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Good job you had the sense to land on your head rick! Ouch! I think you mentioned being a para-medic? Does that mean your are on a motor bike at work usually? Seriously, Dennis is right that could have been really nasty.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic