Link to Dennis's guitar article

dennisg

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Some folks have expressed interest in reading the article I wrote on how to do a successful open-mic performance. Thanks so much for the interest. You might want to know that the article is finally available on the internet, and I thought I'd pass along the link. Once you get to the page, scroll down to "Want to Download the Current Issue?", and click on the link for your preferred language (English, French, Spanish, or German). Thanks again.

http://www.taylorguitars.com/wood-and-s ... dium=email

willem

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Dennis it was great to read your experience from your open-mike nights...written down in great tips,,thx

Willem

Chasplaya

Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Waited awhile for this... but well worth it Dennis. Great tips man.

BobR

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Dennis,

Excellent read and very informative.

Thanks for posting this link.

Bob

Lavallee

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Very good paper Dennis, fun to read with good advices. I particularly like number 4.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 am

Um eine Sache von vornherein klarzustellen: Wenn ich - ein relativ unerfahrener Gitarrist mit weit mehr Enthusiasmus als Talent -einen zufriedenstellenden Auftritt auf einer “Offenen Bühne” hinlegen kann, dann kannst du das auch. Verlass dich drauf: Du musst nicht die Erfahrung eines Eric Clapton oder die Virtuosität eines Tommy Emmanuel haben, um eine Performance abzuliefern, die dem Publikum gefällt. Du musst nur ein paar “Geschäftsgrundlagen” beachten, bevor du die Bühne betrittst. Die folgenden Tipps können dir helfen, dich auf den großen Abend vorzubereiten.
Hey Dennis... even your German is excellent ! :-)

dennisg

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Um eine Sache von vornherein klarzustellen: Wenn ich - ein relativ unerfahrener Gitarrist mit weit mehr Enthusiasmus als Talent -einen zufriedenstellenden Auftritt auf einer “Offenen Bühne” hinlegen kann, dann kannst du das auch. Verlass dich drauf: Du musst nicht die Erfahrung eines Eric Clapton oder die Virtuosität eines Tommy Emmanuel haben, um eine Performance abzuliefern, die dem Publikum gefällt. Du musst nur ein paar “Geschäftsgrundlagen” beachten, bevor du die Bühne betrittst. Die folgenden Tipps können dir helfen, dich auf den großen Abend vorzubereiten.
Hey Dennis... even your German is excellent ! :-)
Apparently, those Learn-German-While-You-Sleep tapes are really paying off. I must have even written the article in my sleep.

Thanks for the support, guys. This was a very easy article to write, and working with the editor at Wood & Steel was just about the most pleasant experience I've had in my long writing career. Some articles (and some editors) are really not very fun.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am

Make it a regular thing Dennis... we'd all support you in that and appreciate your writings on a broad range of guitar related items... how different can it be from wine to guitar? ;-)

daryl

Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:35 pm

Well Den, I thought the article was great :cheer: !!!! Liked the layout as well. I thought it was well written, informative, funny and just really a great read, especially since I've had my own share of performing. I'm really sure that others will definitely benefit from your tips, I think you're so right about all of them. Well well done Den!!!

Ness

lueders

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 am

You're a helluva writer, Dennis. WELL WRITTEN!! Enjoyable, Informative and Quite Humorous...I concur with whoever said this.
I would be quite proud of this fine article if I were you!

Its even just cool reading it and thinking: "hey, I know that guy!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic