Silly Music-y names

michelew

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:52 pm

sbutler wrote:
michelew wrote:
Yes, yes... Lions and tigers and bears...oh my! B)

Moose...you say. I must visit some time when the sun is making the night sky all pretty, your dancing lights ...before the glaciers are completely gone.... :(
Michele, your welcome any time. However, if you want to see sun at night, you won't be able to see the dancing lights. You'll have to come in the dead of winter for that. As for the Glaciers, you better get here fast. They are really disappearing quickly.

Scott
Thanks Scott. Ever since watching Northern Exposure I've wanted to visit Alaska, so I may take you up on that and visit someday. I'm just waiting for the lotto fairies to visit. :)

I actually meant that it was the radiation from sun spot activity making the lights, rather than sunshine itself. But, a midnight sun would be pretty amazing too.

Glaciers. Got it. That must be strange and depressing to see it happen so fast.

M.

michelew

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
michelew wrote:
Yes, yes... Lions and tigers and bears...oh my! B)

Moose...you say. I must visit some time when the sun is making the night sky all pretty, your dancing lights ...before the glaciers are completely gone.... :(
Just hop over the ditch to see glaciers

They are awe inspiring. I have been to NZ and taken a helicopter ride to stand on one (Cook?). But I was very young at the time.

NZ really does have awesome scenery. You must be freeeeeeeeezing you buns off at the moment. We're feeling the icy wind from here.

M.

michelew

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm

willem wrote:
I don't know if it exists any more but there should be an ''Jazz cafe''here.. cafe!! stands for bar here so lets say '''Jazz bar''
Willem, Jazz Cafe is indeed music related. Do you go to listen?

tovo

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:36 am

In Timor Leste is a bar run by a very nice woman who worked for my company for several years, it is called the Cazbar. (spelling correct) It really rocks. At least, when I visit Dilli I am always determined to rock the Cazbar.

michelew

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:09 am

OK you got me Tiny ( just being mischievous. :) :) Tony is actually quite a tall guy, I guess I could call you curly instead). :) I'll pay that one. You actually made me laugh out loud.

Rock the Cazbah.... Cute! :) :) :)

willem

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 am

michelew wrote:
willem wrote:
I don't know if it exists any more but there should be an ''Jazz cafe''here.. cafe!! stands for bar here so lets say '''Jazz bar''
Willem, Jazz Cafe is indeed music related. Do you go to listen?

never visit it,, Jazz has to many bars(barre) in it,, :laugh: B) but I like Jazz...

I go and search in my town if we have music names related bars maybe I start one and call it Oasis... B)

Willem

michelew

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:42 pm

:) :) you're a funny man Willem. Oasis ... I get it. You could try Nirvana too :) .... hmmm... I'm sure there are a bunch of terrible jokes there...

I checked out Fleetwood Macchiato yesterday; great coffee, good food, sweet people and cool music (FMac, Neil (:)), CSN and some other TG lesson favourites). It wears the FM name well.

lueders

Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Silly "music-y name " stories...hmmm.

Well nothing real epic here but...You know the old joke: "there's a fly in my soup."
Well I really found a fly in my soup once. The restaurant responsible-a place called Sergeant Pepper's. ( I remember the girl I took there was a really big Beatle's fan. So I thought good this is just perfect...but it was real bad food-wise. (my date ordered something barely edible as well.)And, truthfully this is saying quite a lot; because I ain't usually too picky when it comes to food...believe me.
This establishment was located in Springfield, IL around the fall of 1999. I dunno if it was a regional chain or what. I had the idea it was but havent seen any others sprout up.
I do know the place was only there briefly.
I presume, because folks didn't like extra protein in their soup anymore than I did. God only knows what was in the "Honey Pie," or the " Glass Onion." lol!!

Also, no story with this one...but near where we live know in Urbana, IL is a health food store called "Strawberry Fields" I have yet to check it out. Notice I said it was a health food store. Lol! If it was a music store or they sold donuts I would have already checked it out most likely. Lol!

michelew

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 am

Cute stories Cori. :) :) :) and cute use of music-y names. I particularly like "Sergeant Pepper's" for a restaurant. I guess spicy food is in order with that one, flies...not so much (so... What WAS the fly doing in your soup?.....backstroke? ).

:P

M.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic