Dennis & Shelby perform at guitar camp

snipe

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Wow.. I thought it was awesome! I am envious.
Mike

suziko

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:41 pm

That was so beautiful, Dennis! What a great memory for both you and Shelby! Your playing sounds great, as does Shelby's voice, and I really loved the addition of the fiddle to this song.

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:53 am

Just having audio helped me to focus on the sound and that was damned good! Great job all of you and Shelly's, er Shabby's er, whatever's voice was captivating :-) (We all know the lovely Shelby here!). Great song choice again Dennis. I really like a fiddle creeping into a song now and then and I know from first hand experience how much more it jives live. Just great.

What a great time to have shared with your niece Dennis, what a great idea to take her with you... you are doing your brother proud!

neverfoundthetime

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 am

Just listened again... absolutely outstanding!

dennisg

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks so much, everyone. This song means a lot to me and Shelby because it meant a lot to her dad.

I almost never go back and watch videos of myself performing, but I've found myself listening to this song over and over -- mostly to pick up on the subtle little things that Shelby does with her voice and to appreciate the addition of the fiddle and bass. I've always wanted to add those two instruments to the song, and guitar camp gave me the opportunity to do it.

BobR

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:34 am

Dennis / Shelby,

Fabulous performance all around. So cool to hear the harmonies and the fiddle and bass sneaking in. Glad they got Shelby's name right at the end :)

Thanks for sharing

michelew

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:02 pm

WOW! This gets better with each listen. You all sound really great. What a musical family.

Shel

dekotaj

Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:41 am

Ya Buddy,What a shame no video.

Dennis and Miss Shelly(LOL)just messing with you Miss Shelby.How can one mess up such a lovely name.Well with that being said what a great song and so well played and sung.I remember you singing BLUE.Loved the performance.And the same with this wonderful performance.Looks like you all had a great time at camp.Great to here that Miss Shelby is heading off to collage.Knock'em dead girl.Wishing you the very best.And big D my friend if you guys do it again next year,might just see about joining in.Look like it was a real great time.

BRAVO!!!!Folks,BRAVO!!!
Your friend Kev

lueders

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 am

That was wonderful Dennis & Shelby, Shelby & Dennis!! :) :)

I am happy for you both...glad you had such a rewarding and bonding experience.
I love to hear the two of you.(And Jamie as well.)

And, I am with Suzi on this; that fiddle was a nice addition.

P.S. Sounds like you and all of your guitar camp comrades had quite a time!
So to all involved...I'm happy you all had such a fun adventure!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic