If an elephant can do it, why can't I?

dennisg

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:20 am

michelew

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:41 pm

That was great Den, a nice start to my day. Harmonic playing elephants...brilliant. I wonder what would happen if they gave them an ENORMOUS Piano. :). I'm imagining a very slow "Baby Elephant Walk"

Shel

sbutler

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm

michelew wrote:
That was great Den, a nice start to my day. Harmonic playing elephants...brilliant. I wonder what would happen if they gave them an ENORMOUS Piano. :). I'm imagining a very slow "Baby ElEpohant Walk" oh Michelle, you are spunky aren't you?

The zoo in Anchorage had an elephant who liked to paint. Put a brush in her trunk, show her the jars of paint and stand back. For a fee, one could go into the cage with her and pick the colors for her to use in her masterpiece. I payed that fee for my wifes birthday, so Sharon, daughter Kimberly and I got to go in the cage with "Maggie" and play with her. Didn't think of a harmonica, but she may have done that too.
Scott

Shel

michelew

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Hey Scot!

spunky heh! :):):)

That sounds like a magic life moment. WOW! I've seen video of a painting elephant, it brought a big smile to my face too. It's nice seeing other animals at play, being creative and basically enjoying themselves. It warms my heart.

On a slighty different note, I saw a big boxer pup the other day in the park who was having the BEST time running around and playing with herself. She looked as if she was responding to someone playing chase with her and various things, but nope, no other animal there. It put a huge smile on my face. But then dogs (and creative elephants :)) generally do.

Did Sharon like her painting? Silly question of course.

Shel

willem

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm

Dennis start with a C harmonica and grow a slurf(if that is Englisch)

michelew

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm

dennisg wrote:
BTW Den - if you speak sweetly to the elephant she may well let you play with her harmonica. But .... OWWWW!!! It's bound to be a bit slobbery. ... For one of you :) ;) B). I suggest you just get your own. Hohner make nice quality ones. :).

L

Shel

cosmicmechanic

Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 pm

Dennis, you ask the musical question: "If an elephant can do it, why can't I?"

I'm really not sure what's so difficult about this for you.

I humbly suggest that you press the harmonica more tightly against your nose. Works fine for me.

Or maybe you're nursing a cold ? You surely don't expect a plugged up harmonica to play, do you ?

Hope this helps,
Pierre

dennisg

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:46 am

cosmicmechanic wrote:
Dennis, you ask the musical question: "If an elephant can do it, why can't I?"

I'm really not sure what's so difficult about this for you.

I humbly suggest that you press the harmonica more tightly against your nose. Works fine for me.

Or maybe you're nursing a cold ? You surely don't expect a plugged up harmonica to play, do you ?

Hope this helps,
Pierre
Haha ... that's been my problem all along. Apparently, I've tried playing the harmonica with the wrong orifice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic