RIP MattB

Lavallee

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:58 am

Very sad news, my thoughts are for Matt's family and the very close friends who helped him in his fight.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 am

Matt's whole story and the support and love surrounding him since we first heard of his fight from Matt Williams has been truly inspirational and deeply moving. His passing last week came as a real blow in the light of his heroic struggle. I'm equally sad and uplifted by his journey and its end. The grace and light glowing from this remarkable man and his family and friends shines on us all as an example of pure humanity. It's been an honour to know him from a distance and be touched by his life.

And here's a shout out to that other Matt, our very own AMtt Williams (miss-spelling deliberate, as TG long-haulers will know) who stood by his friend and left no stone unturned in his unwavering support for his cause. Matt is the kinda guy you need in your corner when things get tough, a real friend. My hat is off to you Matt for all you did.

tombo1230

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 am

This is a very sad day indeed. This very talented musician and TG friend was just taken too soon. My heart goes out to his family at this very sad time.

RIP MattB

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear this about MattB.
Condolences to family and friends.
Exceptionally saddened.

Dermot

sbutler

Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 am

So very sad indeed. No words can really express the feelings of loss, for a fella that we only knew through this site. Matt fought strong with a spirit that was always uplifting. As a music instructor,he taught me a very valuable lesson without a guitar.

RIP MattB.

Scott

rdaltry

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:07 pm

so sorry to hear about this. my prayers go up to MattB and his family, friends, and everyone who knew him. you will be missed MattB.

AcousticAl

Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Very sad to read this.
Condolences to Matt's family and everyone that knew him.

bazzaspain

Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Terrible news, rest in peace Matt

NKenny

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:09 pm

He fought a hard battle, never gave up RIP Matt

willem

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:18 am

Heartbreaking news......really sorry to hear that....I didn't really 'know' him, but I know that others here at TG did, TGMatt in particular....actually TGMatt's facebook-note to MattB is really a heartbreaking one and really touched me...

Goodbye my friend.

Last night one of my truest friends died in hospital last night after a long battle with cancer. I struggled to think of what I could write to do him justice, and realized I would never be able to.

I know if I touch hal
f the people you did, then I would have lived a magnificent life, and you sir, lived beyond magnificently, you were and the walking embodiment of grace.

Even in your last month you chose to go and teach blind kids how to use echo location so they could see the way you did, with no limitations. You gave without asking for something back. You were always amazing to me.

You were the primary reason I moved to LA, and as a result was able to meet some of the most important people of my life.

I am so glad you finished your album with your band, and had the opportunity to practice with them before there tour, I know with certainty that every time they take the stage they will be playing for you.

I could go on about our moments together, the struggles the great times, discussions always ranged between music, food, and the metaphysics and biomechanics of the universe. You got me hooked on Pho and also that funny drink with those jelly balls in them. We sang together, we listened to music together, we talked and talked.

I know that if there is a heaven, God will make sure you have a set of eyes this time round, and that you will be playing lead guitar, whilst being backed by Hendrix, Lennon and your other heroes.

I hope you visit me from time to time to give me guidance, because you were always wiser than I.

Matty I miss you so much. Rest my friend. Know I will never forget.

Best wishes to TGMatt, and everyone who stood by him and loved him no matter what...

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic