TE is coming to TA

Catman

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:24 am

Tommy Emanuel (TE) is coming to Tel Aviv (TA), Israel!

So, I'll be the only one able to take advantage of this (unless any of you have travel plans that I'm not aware of :) ), but still, it's exciting.

He'll be playing a single performance. I have my tickets, front row center. I think I was the first to purchase.

David :woohoo:

willem

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:19 am

I think your happy now!!but after you see his perfomenceyou smash your guitar in a corner,,, :laugh: :laugh: B)

Edit ..its good TE has some humor which you remember...

dennisg

Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:58 am

Mazel tov, David. That's going to be an awesome experience.

daryl

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 pm

WOW. I'm VERY excited for you. I'm looking forward to your after-concert report!

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:10 pm

David, I'm so glad for you. Have a good one for me !

Here are some links that make me want to bang my head against the wall for having missed TE when he came to my area.

In 2009, TE came to Montreal, and introduced a surprise guest, Patrick Norman, who is very popular in country and bluegrass circles hereabouts.

The first video is self-explanatory. In the second video, TE plays backup for an original tune (in french) by Patrick Norman.

The song's title is "La guitare de Jérémie" (Jeremy's Gutiar).
It tells the story of a musician who finds a soot-covered guitar in a second-hand shop that has an inscription on it's back: "I am Jeremy's guitar".
The guitar turns out to be magical, and plays as if by itself when it is in his hands.
It follows its new owner through all his musical adventures in low-life haunts.
Eventually a shady lady disappears with his car, and the guitar is in the car. The magical guitar is gone forever.
So ... poignant ending ... the forlorn musician often dreams of a voice saying "Here, take my guitar ... my name is Jeremy".

Tommy and Patrick played 5 or 6 tunes together.
If you're interested in other Youtube videos from this show, good keywords are "tommy emmanuel patrick normand"

Catman

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks guys!

Willem -- no guitars will be smashed in any corner :) . But strings may break while I try to play like Tommy!

Daryl -- I could probably write the report now, but I will wait since he may have a surprise guest, as in Pierre's links

heyjoe

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:55 am

Hope you have a great time at the concert catman, he really is a brilliant entertainer.

Joe

tombo1230

Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:08 am

You are very a lucky man David. Enjoy the concert, you will have a great time! :)

Tom N.

Catman

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am

It's the morning after...

Tommy gave an awesome show last night in Tel Aviv!

This time it was just Tommy, no guest performers. He played for 2 1/2 hours without a break, all the classics and a couple of new compositions. The atmosphere was electric (pun intended) and a great time was had by all.

I had a fantastic seat--front row center, close enough to touch the stage without raising my buttockal area from the seat. Most of the time there was less than 6 feet between us, and nobody to block my view. The venue holds almost 1,400, and it was packed!

Another great thing about the show (other than the music and the performance) was that I met some guitarists I would never have otherwise met and had some great conversations. During one of these conversations I found out that Maton Guitars now has a dealer in Israel, and it is just a 5 minute walk from my house!

Sorry, no pictures from the show--I was too busy clapping my hands, tapping my feet, and snapping my fingers and generally having a blast to bother with pictures or video.

If you get a chance to see Tommy Emmanuel perform, grab it with both hands and don't let go. Not to be missed!

Cheers,
David

willem

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:10 am

Catman wrote:
It's the morning after...

Tommy gave an awesome show last night in Tel Aviv!

This time it was just Tommy, no guest performers. He played for 2 1/2 hours without a break, all the classics and a couple of new compositions. The atmosphere was electric (pun intended) and a great time was had by all.

I had a fantastic seat--front row center, close enough to touch the stage without raising my buttockal area from the seat. Most of the time there was less than 6 feet between us, and nobody to block my view. The venue holds almost 1,400, and it was packed!

Another great thing about the show (other than the music and the performance) was that I met some guitarists I would never have otherwise met and had some great conversations. During one of these conversations I found out that Maton Guitars now has a dealer in Israel, and it is just a 5 minute walk from my house!

Sorry, no pictures from the show--I was too busy clapping my hands, tapping my feet, and snapping my fingers and generally having a blast to bother with pictures or video.

If you get a chance to see Tommy Emmanuel perform, grab it with both hands and don't let go. Not to be missed!

Cheers,
David
Thats great David,,it is a wish from me meeting this guy in person..I had wishes before in my life and many came true..who knows,, I know he gives workshops too..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic