Bring Back The Walls

Max

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:46 pm

I have also been here since the beginning and have no idea what the walls are

tovo

Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 pm

The walls were simply an opportunity for a bit of fun interaction between members without having to post a thread in the forum. It was an opportunity to be a little irreverent and cheeky in an appropriate forum. I support bringing back the walls so that I can be just another brick.

suziko

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:34 pm

I'd like to see the walls brought back too. I miss the limerick parties and just other silliness. Because I don't want to bog threads down with socializing-type comments, and we no longer have walls, most of my socializing with TG friends is now via email. Which means logging into TG far less often.

Suzi

haoli25

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Yep, put me down for "Bring Back The Walls" too. Actually, I was talking with a couple of other pre-Target program members about this very thing just a few weeks ago.

Bill

TGMike

Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

It is not that the walls were taken away. The walls were replaced in a software update which we were required to install in order to stay secure. Instead walls were replaced by going to someone's profile page and leaving a message for them in the share area. There is an open message box to type in on everyone's profile page. If you click on anyone's name anywhere on the site you will go to their profile page and on the left is their message share/wall.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm

...so is there a ticker somewhere showing us what's going on (like there used to be) so that we can see some one has posted something or do we have to drop by their profile on spec to see if there's something been posted? The walls were a prominent feature before, and the ticker was the go-to place when you logged in to keep abreast of what was going on.

BobR

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Well, I voted to bring back the walls even though I must say being here from the beginning I've never known what to do. :blush: Sounds like fun though.

Bob

TGMike

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
...so is there a ticker somewhere showing us what's going on (like there used to be) so that we can see some one has posted something or do we have to drop by their profile on spec to see if there's something been posted? The walls were a prominent feature before, and the ticker was the go-to place when you logged in to keep abreast of what was going on.
We used to have recent activity posted on all the pages. It was really slowing the site down so we took it off. Recent activity still resides on the main community page. I'll talk to Matt to see about maybe when someone logs in they go to the community page and we position that recent activity first. I did test the current message system and activity for it did register on recent activity but there was an error code for us to fix.

Let me get back to you on this.

Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 am

Many thanks Mike! This sounds like it could be a workable compromise.
If we are entering the site via the community page after login, we would automatically see what status comments have been posted on our way to the forum and lessons. This could well fill the gap which was left after the walls came down.
Certainly, it will help boost the community spirit again... something many of us have been worried about recently.

Thanks for reacting so quickly.

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:21 am

Click Image To Enlarge:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic