nasty Sandy!!!!

willem

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:23 pm

How are you after stormy Sandy??

Everything allright I hope and the lights are shinning again..

Willem

edit: this was send to me via YT

be well

daryl

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi Willem, In my little paradise in south central Vermont we lost power for about 10 hours (during the evening and early morning). We had some gusty winds but suffered no damage.

willem

Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:38 pm

daryl wrote:
Hi Willem, In my little paradise in south central Vermont we lost power for about 10 hours (during the evening and early morning). We had some gusty winds but suffered no damage.

Okay,,now I can sleep,,ZZZZGRRRR..

tovo

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:27 pm

3 of my staff are holidaying in New York. That's what you call bad timing. Of course having a holiday disrupted is nothing compared to the death and destruction that this disaster has brought. My heart goes out to everyone affected.

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:41 pm

My heart goes out to those who have been hit with this huge storm. I truly hope the worst is over and that any TG'ers out there are doing well..... B)

BobR

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Willem,

Thanks for asking. We did OK lots of wind a bit of rain and only one big Oak tree down, but no damage and never lost electricity. My youngest daughter lost power and they spent a couple days here with my son-in-law and my two grand daughters 3year old and one almost 3 months. Wow You need to be young for that :laugh:

Bob

tom18

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
Many thanks for the good wishes. We were right in the path of Sandy and had quite a day or two. The power went out early in the evening Monday and since we live on a ridge overlooking the coastal cities my wife and I spent the evening watching transformers explode and large swatches of communities go dark. The wind seemed as loud as a rock concert at times. We spent the first few days after the storm in New Jersey but when it became clear that my wife's school wouldn't reopen soon so we retreated to western Massachusetts where we had grown up. The destruction in NJ is pretty unbelievable but ironically hurricane Irene apparently toppled our weakest trees last year so our property fared reasonably well. If I learned anything form this storm it's that evacuation makes good sense. Not sure when electrical power will be restored but we'll probably return home in a day or two. My hopes and prayers go out to all affected by Sandy.
Best regards,
Tom

willem

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:38 pm

tom18 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Many thanks for the good wishes. We were right in the path of Sandy and had quite a day or two. The power went out early in the evening Monday and since we live on a ridge overlooking the coastal cities my wife and I spent the evening watching transformers explode and large swatches of communities go dark. The wind seemed as loud as a rock concert at times. We spent the first few days after the storm in New Jersey but when it became clear that my wife's school wouldn't reopen soon so we retreated to western Massachusetts where we had grown up. The destruction in NJ is pretty unbelievable but ironically hurricane Irene apparently toppled our weakest trees last year so our property fared reasonably well. If I learned anything form this storm it's that evacuation makes good sense. Not sure when electrical power will be restored but we'll probably return home in a day or two. My hopes and prayers go out to all affected by Sandy.
Best regards,
Tom

Glad your all right Tom,,but its a pity there are always losts,,hope the people are strong to deal with it..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic