This made me feel good...maybe it will make you feel the same

tovo

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

From one of my favourite cities in the World. Every day, we all read about terrible events. I read this first thing this morning and felt uplifted. I decided perhaps other would be uplifted also so I posted it.

http://www.news.com.au/world/us-cops-ki ... t+news_rss

sbutler

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Tony, it shows there are still some good people around. Thanks for sharing.

Scott

michelew

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:51 pm

What a beautiful thing to read about - random acts of kindness. I'm sure it happens more than we hear about. But he certainly is a wonderfully sweet and generous man.

Now I'm all choked up.

A nice change from the normal news story.

Thanks Tony.

coomba

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Nice

dtaylor

Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Heart-warming story, really gives me new-found respect for all police officers...

Call me an old cynic, but while the NYPD facebook page boasts 'serendipitous' posts of 'random' acts of kindness, in the interest of balance lets ponder the reality of police-state America:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=re ... xlL0I5AWLI

BobR

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks for posting, It's nice to know that good things can happen and nothing is expected in return.

dennisg

Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:29 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Heart-warming story, really gives me new-found respect for all police officers...

Call me an old cynic, but while the NYPD facebook page boasts 'serendipitous' posts of 'random' acts of kindness, in the interest of balance lets ponder the reality of police-state America:

You know, it's very possible that you and I are in political agreement on things, but why do we need to balance anything in this thread? Why throw a wet blanket on this one act of kindness?

tovo

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:47 pm

The whole purpose of my thread was to make the point that the bad stuff gets a lot more coverage than the good stuff.

I can be a cynic as well. I'm trying harder not to be. ;)

dtaylor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 pm

dennisg wrote:
dtaylor wrote:

You know, it's very possible that you and I are in political agreement on things, but why do we need to balance anything in this thread? Why throw a wet blanket on this one act of kindness?
Maybe I'm jaded, and if people want to feel warm and fuzzy because someone did some thing altruistic then fine, nothing wrong with that.
The cynic in me sees a cop photographed by a fellow cop and the result published on that organisation's 'net presence and I think: 'don't try to manipulate me, I'm not a sheep'.

coomba

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Either way you wont to look at it the poor man needed boots 8 million other people could have done the same thing but didn't.

It made me think how I could be more kind to people who are less fortunate than me. Maybe I am stupid but at least this cop did that

anyway at least the guys got warm feet that's got to be a good thing doesn't it ?

Cheers
Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic