Is it too early to think about guitar camp in 2014?

dennisg

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:50 pm

tovo wrote:
I will probably need to visit Dusty Strings Den and buy a new guitar...you know, can't risk loss or damage to my Taylor. It's not like I WANT another guitar....I have no choice! ;)
That means whatever guitar you buy, you'll be leaving it here in Seattle when camp's over, since you can't risk loss or damage on the flight back home.

Hey, Ness, you seem to come to America every year anyway, so why not make a little detour through Seattle. And if you just put away 10 euro per week, you'll have the camp paid for.

willem

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Every year? Gosh I wish!! :S

Sure, I went to Sue last year, but before that it has been almost ten years since I went to the States.... :(

dennisg wrote:

Hey, Ness, you seem to come to America every year anyway, so why not make a little detour through Seattle. And if you just put away 10 euro per week, you'll have the camp paid for.

willem

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Aaaaaah what a sweet man you are!!! :kiss: :) :)

tovo wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Well this sure is tempting! If I win the lottery, I'll be there!! ;) :P
If you are there Ness it will be everyone else who has won the lottery. (Also very excited about many of the other TGers who are indicating interest).

tacticaltal

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:56 pm

How much does it cost, where is it, and when is it? Is it every year?

~terry

dennisg

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 pm

tacticaltal wrote:

~terry
Terry,

The particular camp we've been talking about -- the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop -- is on the Kitsap Peninsula, near Seattle. The camp takes place every year and, as of 2012, it costs $800 for a week of instruction, workshops, jams, food, and cabin. There are three one-week sessions, and which one you choose depends on which classes sound good to you and which instructors you find appealing. The first session typically begins the last week in July.

tacticaltal

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

dennisg wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

~terry
Terry,

The particular camp we've been talking about -- the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop -- is on the Kitsap Peninsula, near Seattle. The camp takes place every year and, as of 2012, it costs $800 for a week of instruction, workshops, jams, food, and cabin. There are three one-week sessions, and which one you choose depends on which classes sound good to you and which instructors you find appealing. The first session typically begins the last week in July.
Alrighty then, I bet I'm there next year.

Thanks, Dennis.

tacticaltal

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:55 pm

dennisg wrote:
tacticaltal wrote:

~terry
Terry,

Alrighty then, I bet I'm there next year.

Thanks, Dennis.

jayswett

Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:45 am

Pat Donohue was an instructor last year? I've been a huge fan of Prairie Home Companion for 15 years now.

jimcjimc

Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 am

I won't answer the rhetorical? question in the title, but I just received in the mail the brochure for the California Coast Music Camp http://www.musiccamp.org/index.php for 2013.

The instructors in week 2 look a lot more interesting than week 1. The cost this year is $800 if you tent, $925 for a cabin.

The Puget Sound Guitar Workshop http://www.psgw.org hasn't yet finalized their schedules for this year's camp yet, but they have published the current list of teachers for the three weeks of the camp. Camp this year is $850 a week and week 1 is already 33% fully registered.

I think this year I will skip these camps and eagerly await the TGWorld? event.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic