Is it too early to think about guitar camp in 2014?

dennisg

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Maybe. Maybe not. Let me just say that if you've ever had a notion to spend a week doing nothing but playing and learning guitar, you're unlikely to do better than we did this past summer at guitar camp. We had top-notch instructors, a variety of lesson types, and support everywhere you turned.

About a year ago I mentioned this very camp (Puget Sound Guitar Workshop) on this site, and four TGers joined me. I'll be honest: I'd played up the virtues of the camp to such a degree, I was a little nervous about whether it would live up to the billing. But I think if you check with Marc, Pierre, Catman. and jimcjimc, they'll tell you that they can't wait to do it again.

I'm skipping 2013 due to commitments, but I'm all in for 2014, and I want to urge you to save your dollars, pesos, pfennigs, francs, quid, or euro for an experience you won't soon forget. The instructor concert and the student concert alone are worth the cost of the camp, and the incredible classes, workshops, and informal jams are the bonus.

All of this is set in a beautiful forested location next to a lake on Washington state's Kitsap Peninsula, just a ferry ride and a short drive from my house in Seattle.

We have some time. Give it some thought. They'll be announcing the schedules in early 2014, then the sessions will sell out almost immediately.

Who's joining me?

suziko

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm hoping to go. It sounds like a great time and a great experience!

jayswett

Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm

Ok. I'm in for 2014. I'll be up for a trip to the West Coast by then. Will check out the website to get the exact dates.

tovo

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:48 am

I have every intention of going. The chance to play for a week with great instruction is very compelling. Meeting some of you there will be a great bonus.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 am

I'd like to be there too.... fingers crossed...

willem

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:20 am

Well of course I want to experience that. Every year I think that I should go to such a camp but then my thoughts are mostly that it is here in the Dutch,,I do have a new idea and go to France for a blues camp/workshop but did'nt that figured out yet...

Don't know what the crissis brings me next year(job/euros) but I sure want to tell you Dennis that I want/should go.. It looks like to much fun..

Willem

Catman

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:52 am

I started thinking about it on the ferry ride back from PSGW 2012!

My calendar is cleared, financial planning is in place, and most importantly, I have approval from the LSW (long suffering wife).

Count me in.

David

Lavallee

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Can't wait to go back. I hope to meet of lot of TGers (I will be as happy to see the ones I have already met as well)

Marc

cosmicmechanic

Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm

One of the MANY inspirational participants at the camp was Wayne Henderson ... got my brain spinning in lots of directions, so much to learn ...

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Wait a min, what happened to 2013? Is there one next year?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic