Take 4, with Dog!

heyjoe

Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:38 pm

So tonight I'm having a play on the guitar, working on a few tunes, as you do.

I decided I'll record the practise, as it can help me find things I need to work on, so I set the camcorder up, and connect the guitar up to the laptop.

So off we go recording, take 1, didn't work out so good, take 2..still not good, but I'm warming up, so its ok.

Take 3 is getting there, but towards the end of the song I'm in trouble, and it doesnt end well.

Take 4, well take a look, the video is the ending of Take 3 and all of Take 4.
The sound is off the camcorder, so you can hear the talking, there will be a version with daw editied audio coming in the next few days.

Sometimes you don't need a crowd to feel pressure.
The song is "Revision Rag"
He is called Oscar

Enjoy

Joe

p.s how do you get videos into posts, its been so long I've forgotten. Thanks

daryl

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:23 pm

What a sweet dog. He seems to really love your playing. It put a huge smile on his face. I liked your playing too. Looking forward to the DAW audio version.

To upload videos use www.totallyguitars.com/busking

neverfoundthetime

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey Joe, great to see you back with geetar in hand, its been a long time!
I thought Oscar did a great job... and you weren't bad either :-).... nice tune and you seem to be very at ease with it ... a nice relaxed video. Thumbs up!

Maybe need to boost the volume a bit.

tovo

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Hey Joe, that was cool mate. Liked it a lot. Very attentive audience as well. Good to see a video from you.

tombo1230

Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:50 pm

I enjoyed your playing. The audience were a bit restless near the end though, no patience I guess. (cute dog). :)

Tom N.

BobR

Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi Joe,

That was really good. I think take 4 was a keeper. Nice dog you've got there.

Bob

willem

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 am

Very nice pickin Joe and I love you did it in a very comfort way,,I find also you have good finger/pluck/pickin just the way I want to do it,,I mean a sort of crawled pickin(not with long fingers..)

willem

mark

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:05 am

Hey Joe
That was really good. You're playing has come a long way.

The song reminded me of "Nobody loves you when you're down and out"

heyjoe

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 am

Daryl Thanks for the uploading link. Oscar just loves human company, he follows me around the house all the time-he craves human attention, so he's always around when I'm practising.

ChrisIt certainly has been a while since I posted a video, I've been working hard on my playing. Its a lovely tune. As for the volume, when I record it on my laptop and use my DAW it transforms the sound. The sound on the original video is off the camera mic, which isnt up to much. I'll be posting a newer, DAW edited version soon.

TonyThanks mate, glad you liked it. We seriously need to sort a blues jam out, I was on sound cloud last night listening to your recording. I'll be in touch shortly to sort something out, if thats ok with you.

Tom I was gutted he left, he walked behind the camera and looked at me as if to say "I've had enough", harsh audience!

BobThanks, he's called Oscar, he's 2 years old and a Golden Retriever. He's as daft as a brush and I wouldnt have him any other way.

Willem Thanks for your kind words, its taken a lot of hard work and time to make my fingerpicking look that comfortable, but I'm really enjoying the results. My wife says that I've made more progress with my playing in 6 months than I have since she has known me, and we've been together over 7 years.

MarkThanks,coming from you that means a lot. Your playing has inspired me in the past-I'm sure I'm not the only one on this site who you inspire.
I see what you mean about the song too.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, it means a lot.

Joe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic