Anyone else experiencing lessons crashing their computer?

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:01 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Computer Upgrade needed.

Every year, it seems. I refuse! :)

Yamaha48

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 am

I have a Sony Vio with win7,and fire fox for surfing on the net.
No problems with craching,my wife Henne have a plastic table with a fan,that works fine by usb.
Cheers Anton.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 am

Willem, Dermot, you mean I really have to update from this.....?

...dang! I was just getting the hang of it! :P

Actually, yesterday I got through the lesson without going up in smoke so I'll consider that progress... I did update Flash but am still on FireFox.

Lavallee

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 am

tacticaltal wrote:
I don't mean to hijack your thread, Chris, but Firefox and Flash came up, and therein lies MY problems. I can't get any TG videos to play decently in FF 17. I have to use a slow browsing IE8 in order to watch them. It's frustrating because IE is so slow in opening pages. I've even downgraded to earlier versions of Flash - and that worked until they would periodically update on their own.

Anyhow, what's everyone using these days for their machines?

I'm still using XP.

~terry
Hi Terry, I am using FF17 and latest Flash and it works fine. I am using win 7 64 bits but it should not be a problem using XP. Make sure that the Flash plugin is supported as I had that once when I updated Firefox, it quickly mentioned that some plugin were not supported and did not pay attention to that notice. Flash was among the non supported plugins for the compatibility of both software I had. So I reinstalled both making sure the latest Flash was already there and it been working fine since. Sometimes Flash breaks and I get the gray image instead of a video. Reinstall Flash then it is OK .

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:05 pm

I just tried to access the strumming lesson for Ale using her Mac and the dammned thing just does not play properly so there may be an issue with older videos or the flow player too... no one else encountered these problems?

willem

Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:35 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I just tried to access the strumming lesson for Ale using her Mac and the dammned thing just does not play properly so there may be an issue with older videos or the flow player too... no one else encountered these problems?

I visit often older lessons,,the only thing I noticed was it takes a bit more time,,it feels like going deep,,but not that long.. which lesson was it?

Willem

tacticaltal

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:01 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
I seen that there's an update to the flowplayer. Wonder if they'd update it if it would make a difference?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic