Let it be?? !!!! back to the lesson,,luve it again..

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:25 pm

So..

Like you, I'm hearing the same progression repeated twice- but I'm also hearing different passing notes.
The first 'progression', the emphasized notes are descending. In the second 'progression', they are ascending.

Don't know if this video helps explain..

daryl

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Al, I definitely hear different passing notes between the 2 passages. The 1st part which everyone is hearing is played by an electric piano (which you are playing with the lower notes). The 2nd part is played by an organ and is definitely different passing notes at least an octave higher. I think what you are playing is pretty close except it sounds like you're playing an Fmaj7 for the 1st chord (in the 2nd part). Shouldn't it be just an F major? I don't know what the passing notes should be but what you're playing sounds passable to me.

willem

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:30 pm

I agree with you Al,,,but Neil told us half of the interlude and i thought what the heck play it twice,,I hear now what you hear too..great thanks,,

Willem

TGNesh

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Alright, my take on the 'melody-notes' in the second part of the interlude. You can of course incorporate them into the chords. :) :X ............hayfever...

AcousticAl

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm

tgvanessa wrote:
Alright, my take on the 'melody-notes' in the second part of the interlude. You can of course incorporate them into the chords. :) :X ............hayfever...

YES!!That's exactly what I was talking about and you've got it much closer than I did.
I'll see if I can figure out the fingering from your upload.

Thanks and I hope you feel better soon!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic