What's shakin'? - drop by and say "Hi"

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:32 am

This post is for a friend. You know who you are. B)

It's that time of year again. Around July the forum gets quiet. I presume it's because our northern hemisphere members are out and about enjoying the warm weather and summer holidays. Well that time seems to have rolled around again as things have slowed down.

So for those of you still around and not in some remote location enjoying nature's wonders, or whatever else you get up to on holidays, give us a shout out and tell us what's happening in your neck of the woods:

- what are you playing?
- what are your working on?
- what are you listening to?
- have you seen any great concerts lately?
- what's keeping you busy?

What's happening in your universe?

Tell us anything you like.

If you haven't posted before, just say "hi" and whatever you want to.

Read you later. :)

Shel

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:51 am

Hi Shel good post,

Well I'm learning roots stuff... Scottish folk music Why cos its work related ... What am I listening to well believe it or not French music again work related... No good concerts of late .. sad to say.. Whats keeping me busy... damn work!!!!!!!!

daryl

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:53 am

Thanks for asking. I'm still here. Not playing a whole lot but I am working on a "happy" song (that's killing me). If I ever get it down I will put it up. ;-)

My life doesn't change much with the seasons. Still have morning and evening chores with the animals and then all the daily chores in between. But, in general, life is good.

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Hi Shel good post,

Well I'm learning roots stuff... Scottish folk music Why cos its work related ... What am I listening to well believe it or not French music again work related... No good concerts of late .. sad to say.. Whats keeping me busy... damn work!!!!!!!!
Music for work...I'm intrigued. :) do tell.

Sounds like you're doing a jig to me. Does Scottish folk music get people in the wine buying mood? Isn't it generally the other way around?; ;) first the wine and THEN the jiggy, jiggy. :P

Any chance you're going to record something for us? .... Just the music. :P

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 am

daryl wrote:
Thanks for asking. I'm still here. Not playing a whole lot but I am working on a "happy" song (that's killing me). If I ever get it down I will put it up. ;-)

My life doesn't change much with the seasons. Still have morning and evening chores with the animals and then all the daily chores in between. But, in general, life is good.
Hey Daryl,

What does a typical day look like for you? That includes when you finally get a chance to squeeze in some time getting creative.

Want to show us some photos of your farm and some cheeky faces of your baahing, snoring, clucking cuties? ;)

daryl

Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:49 am

Here's me being "creative" bottle feeding our one month old buck "Otto III" with a wine bottle. Chas might get a kick out of that! We were feeding him 4 times a day now we are down to 3 times a day (soon to be twice a day). He's a good boy and loves his bottle!

michelew

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:13 am

That's so CUTE! And very creative. :) thanks.

Otto's a handsome boy.

willem

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:18 pm

In May I had my holiday and became sick for one week,,now I drive 4 times a day my cab/bus and in between I work in my vegetable garden,,I do a lot in between,,shoping,,cooking,walking,,etc,, when there is time left I work on songs bit by bit..

still working on this song,,timing etc..........

fjeanmur

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi Michelle and everyone else on this thread!

I've been away the last two weeks, but I did check in from time to time and saw that the Forum was pretty quiet.

So I haven't played anything for the last two weeks, but before I left, I started working on the fingerpicking version of "Here Comes the Sun" and started to toy with "Allison" because I wanted a new song with lots of barre chords. Got to keep after them "like a bulldog" as I think Vanessa put it. Oh boy, what a difference two weeks make; I felt very out of practice today.

I am working on Neil's sight reading and thinking about some ear training--eventually.

I haven't been to any concerts, but did go to see the fantastic exhibition "David Bowie is . . ." at the Victoria and Albert Museum. It was absolutely fabulous, fascinating and such an in-depth look at David Bowie. So that was a highlight of the past couple of weeks.

I don't have any goats or other critters--but boy I love them--but did come back to a lot of cat hair because it is the shedding season.

That's about all here.

Jean

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:14 pm

Willem, that is a really nice job you are doing with that JT song, nice singing too, you are making really good progress!

Daryl, nice to see you at work! Let me guess, you emptied the wine bottle yourself before feeding the little fella? ;-)

Well, I already mentioned the neighbourhood bash on Saturday which was fun and Sunday was spend down at the lake swimming and sunbathing and today's coaching program included a session with Switzerland's nr. 1 women's golfer and then tennis with twins who look exactly like the 8 year old Mr. Spock in the new Star Trek and not to forget the mininbambinos (photo and video below). Please note Noel's Superman costume with Micky Mouse shorts! :-). Always a pleasure to work with the little ones. Oh and while laying stretched-out on the court (relaxing my back) waiting for the late twins, a fellow coach turned up and calmly asked me if I was feeling ok, "Heart ok, Chris?" ... with a defibrillator in his hand! :S
My days are nothing if not full of variation!

Minibambinos

Superman learns tennis as a kid... has problems with the red Kriptonite balls!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic