What's shakin'? - drop by and say "Hi"

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 am

Tom

Thanks for your well wishes, I'll pass them on to Natalie.
It was a great day that passed in a flash.

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:52 am

Pierre

Sure, I'm happy to share some details, thanks for showing an interest.

We had a piper playing as I walked Natalie down the aisle.
Jordan selected the kilt.....Cairngorm Pebble tartan.

Natalie's played violin when at school with her friend Martin. Martin is now a Music teacher and
has a quartet, The Caledonian Quartet.....
Music......Matins gift to them on their big day.

They played ..........
Bridal Aisle Entrance.
Pachelbel's Canon In D

Signing of The Register
Air On a G-String, Bach

Recession of the Wedding Party
All You need is love, John Lennon.

In the evening Natalie and Jordan had organised the band Seattle
They played well and everyone was well entertained.

:)

Dermot

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
... Sure, I'm happy to share some details, thanks for showing an interest ...
Dermot, your answer sent me off on a web hunt for word definitions and band links, and that lead to a lot of interesting material.

"Caingorm" means "a smoky yellow, grey, or brown variety of quartz".
So does "Caingorm Pebble" mean that the tartan tends more to one of these colors?

The string band must have been something else ... Pachelbel, Bach, Lennon ... all classical composers !

The evening band have a nice series of videos on their site ... looks like they can deliver.

Pierre

BobR

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi Dermont,

I Just wanted to stop by and congratulate you all.

Bob

michelew

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:26 am

Hello all you non-furry and furry people alike out in TG-land.

Shel can't come to the keyboard right now; so I'm helping her by introducing myself to all of you nice musicy people. My name is a Kaylee (cheeky grrrr woof). I'm the new adorable little girl in Shel's and Sue's life. I'm an apricot toy poodle, 11 weeks old. My namesake is the cute, fiesty redhead, engineer who keeps Serenity the Firefly in the sky. Shel keeps telling me how good I am and that I'm a clever little girl. She calls me her 'little bear' and sometimes a little goat (I guess because I love climbing and jumping and working out how to get to high places). I think she's a little confused, I'm a poodle of course. (Ruff, wag, wag)

I've been busy, busy, busy since coming to my home here in Sydney. I used to live in Tamworth the home of Aussie country music, where it snows... Brrrrrr...Sydney can get chilly enough to make me shiver a lot. But, it's nice and warm sitting in my new garden soaking up the winter sun.

We've been very busy since I arrived a week ago. I've been:
- making Sue and Shel smile and laugh A LOT, I love their giggles
- learning where to wee and where not to
- learning how to climb stairs so I can take myself upstairs to frolic in the garden;
- learning how to sit
- helping Shel to prepare some new pots so Susie could plant marigolds in them - I love a marigold side salad with my chicken wing
- helping Shel to work on her muscles (squats in particular and encouraging her to lift big pots, the ones with the Sago palms in them were making me feel funny in the tummy, but I LOVED chewing on them)
- waking Shel up in the morning, Susie puts me on the bed and then I sneak up and surprise her - I like to lick her ears
- fetching LOTS of things - and being fetching of course
- keeping the naughty rocks and leaves in check, I pounce on them and  growl if they misbehave, it seems to be working
- rounding up all the sticks
- wresting a few scraggly plants that were getting out of hand
- greeting Shel at the door when she gets home from work, she says "hello little bear", which I love, but I'm really a poodle you know
- encouraging Shel to play the guitar, I love the pretty fingerpicking the best - I sit on or next to her leg with my head between her and the guitar, it sounds so good and I keep Shel's lap warm
- when I've fallen to sleep Shel puts me in my bed so I can start again early in the morning, she says I'm her favourite alarm clock.

I love it here. I've got Shel and Sue under my spell, which is making them happy too.

Shel put together this little video so you can see how hard I've been working. It's a good thing I love my work.

It was nice saying hello to you all. If you don't see Shel very much for a little while, don't worry, I'm just keeping her busy and giggling.

Kaylee - Shel's little bear - woof! (Smiley wagging tail).

daryl

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:34 am

Oh so very cute. Looks like she'll keep you two laughing and smiling!

michelew

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 am

I have NO doubt about that. :)

willem

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 am

No Dingo Shell??? When we spoke to each other a bit I thouhgt you bought a new uke,,hum... what a nice doggy,,that wil keep you busy,,

Willem

michelew

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 am

Hey Willem,

A dingo, haha! Well they are beautiful Aussie dogs and there are quiet a few around my neighbourhood, but my apartment is too little for a dingo. A toy poodle is the perfect size, especially as she hasn't been barking at all, she just growls at the naughty rocks and the ants occasionally. :)

A uke?! Well I did say "little girl", but I guess I've given my guitars gender before.

She certainly is keeping me busy. It's so nice.

Shel

familyman4

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:15 am

What a cute little puppy :) They have so much energy during the puppy stage. She will keep you entertained and busy for many years to come.

Congrats!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic