an Appeal to David Crosby Fans

michelew

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:06 pm

You've got my vote for what it's worth. Actually I was surprised that I wasn't one of the five. It's a gorgeous song. I haven't been looking at the recommend a lesson list for ages now. There are so many things in the candy store that I want to learn that I feel greedy asking for dessert when I haven't finished what's on my plate.

UncleWalt - your argument for it not being a lesson yet could be applied to many, many songs which have become lessons.

Thanks for the request Jim.

Michele

unclewalt

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Oy, gevalt.

TGNesh

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 am

Nope, thís is the one, absolutely gorgeous! :) Never heard a better version.

unclewalt wrote:
This is pretty funny. Check out Neil talking at the beginning of this, promising to be "careful with it" and to take full responsibility for any scratches. Do we assume he's borrowing a guitar? From Stills, perhaps? If so, I would think it would indeed be an intimidating situation, even for Neil Young. One does not cross Stephen Stills.

Also, a great version. Is this the one from Four-Way-Street?

michelew

Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:06 am

Really beautiful.

Well if it ever does become a lesson, or is worked out by committee ( :) ) I intend to learn and record it and rope in another fan it do the vocals with me. :) it's a plan.

M

willem

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 am

I've always loved CSNY,,I loved them for the great harmony singin,,when a song is fingerpicked I always listen to the sound it brings,,in this one I vote for it 'cos I like the sound of the guitar picked,,and great harmony singin..

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:25 am

Hi Jim_s

there's nothing wrong with canvassing for a song you are particularly passionate to become a lesson and it was a good idea to make your post as you got people's attention and most importantly, you got Neil's attention. Good for you! Uncle Walt's "umbrage" comment is certainly uncalled for and not helpful... maybe he ran out of coffee!

Chris

jim_s

Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:38 am

Thanks for the positive responses TgVanessa, Williem, Chris, Michele, Pierre and Neil. Michele your analogy was great and too true. I just took a look and see two more votes. TgVanessa no vote from you? Chris or Pierre either. I’m scaring myself because I’m pandering for votes. I’m stuck on this song in many ways. I was hoping to get the one most important vote of all, Neil’s.

Maybe someone will share the pricking pattern with us.

Thanks Unclewalt for the links and any other help you would like to share. Including the help with my vocabulary expansion.

dekotaj

Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:35 am

Hey Jim.

Not A song I've heard before, But I'm on board with you.I voted for it.Hope when you learn it you will do us the honor of playing it for us.

Best to you sir
Kev

VOTE HERE!!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/song-voti ... pdugg_favs

Chasplaya

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:12 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Hi Jim_s

there's nothing wrong with canvassing for a song you are particularly passionate to become a lesson and it was a good idea to make your post as you got people's attention and most importantly, you got Neil's attention. Good for you! Uncle Walt's "umbrage" comment is certainly uncalled for and not helpful... maybe he ran out of coffee!

Chris
HI team, I agree with Chris here... I'm kinda getting used to Walt's blunt to the point comments now and don't take umbrage lol I'm off to check out the song as I don't really know it that well

TGNesh

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Can't believe I didn't vote for it (Michele is my witness, I've talked about 'busking' this song many times, since I just LOVE it!!), I'm quite sure that I did :dry: ......sometimes a song is recommended more than once :S .........I've OF COURSE voted for it now! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic